Author Topic: In Plain Sight by Victopet  (Read 75206 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: In Plain Sight by Victopet
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2009, 02:10:37 pm »
and chapter 35 is up

http://victopet.livejournal.com/22256.html

Ennis finally comes face to face with his brother Kurt

He sure does.   :'(   And that's not the only thing that happens .......

I'm always anxious for updates, but I don't want this story to come to an end either.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

karen1129

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 10:23:49 pm »
I love, love this story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 10:48:24 pm »
I love, love this story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen, thanks for the PM.  I just now asked Victopet to friend me over at LJ.  I can't wait to start reading.  Thanks, again!  By the way, I'm Mariasmommy over at LJ.  :)

karen1129

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2009, 10:54:08 pm »
Karen, thanks for the PM.  I just now asked Victopet to friend me over at LJ.  I can't wait to start reading.  Thanks, again!  By the way, I'm Mariasmommy over at LJ.  :)

You will love In  Plain Sight !!!!

Are all chapter's up to date, posted on here?
I know the last one is.

i hope she updates again soon.

Last I talked to her, when I was in NYC, she had two chapters ready.  she posted one of them...... now I'm dying for the other one !!!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2009, 10:57:30 pm »
You will love In  Plain Sight !!!!

Are all chapter's up to date, posted on here?
I know the last one is.

i hope she updates again soon.

Last I talked to her, when I was in NYC, she had two chapters ready.  she posted one of them...... now I'm dying for the other one !!!

I'm sure I'll love it.  I'm heading over there to LJ now to see if she's friended me.  I'll be back soon and let you know what I think.  Thanks for your PMs and your support.  I really appreciate it!  :-*

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2009, 05:09:12 am »
now I'm dying for the other one !!!

that´s how I feel too. Can´t wait!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2009, 02:51:09 pm »
I´ve re-read Victopet´s other story "Brokeback Redemption" today....it´s so good...
An of course I begged her to continue as I do everytime I re-read it ;D I´m sure she´s getting pretty sick of me :laugh:
That´s one story I´d be willing to pay the writer to finish

It´s a story that manages to be epic, angsty, beautiful, dirty and romatic all at once. I´m fascinated with the idea that they both one day will be released, and meet on the outside. I have no idea if they could ever work outside prison (they barely manage inside it) but it would be beautiful to see them try. And I love the storyline with Ennis getting off on pain, I think it´s really an interesting spin on canon.

retropian

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2009, 06:46:04 pm »
All these positive comments and raves about this story recommended it to me. I have said before I'm not into AU!AU for some reason, but I decided to give this story a chance and am really really glad I did. I am enthralled and enchanted. I asked Vic to friend me a while ago and finally got around to printing out the 1st 20 chapters last night. And I am loving it so far.

Jack and Ennis are archetypal figures to me. BBM Jack being the dreamer longing and hoping for the sweet life, more open and self aware than BBM Ennis who is internally homophobic and too afraid and repressed to commit to the sweet life, but who is also down to earth, competent and hard working. I can see some of those characteristics brought over in IPS Jack and Ennis. IPS Jack is definitely more self aware the IPS Ennis. IPS Ennis is repressed because of his upbringing like BBM Ennis, but it was a different sort of upbringing altogether. Vic has done a great job creating a new sort of Yin/Yang between IPS Jack and Ennis. One thing I found off putting for me, was how mean IPS Jack has been so far to IPS Ennis. They're still in the gay bar, and Ennis just took his 1st shot of whiskey.(just so you know where I'm at in the story). I had a bit of a hard time with Jacks cruelty to Ennis. BBM Jack only had a great tenderness for Ennis and I found IPS Jack's seeming contempt for Ennis hard to take. But, I've concluded the reason for this is that IPS Jack is a little afraid of his own attraction to Ennis. Not sexual attraction, but Ennis is the embodiment of the possibility of another kind of life; the Sweet Life. I think what Jack is attracted to and frightened of is that Ennis is a calling to a higher more grounded way of living. IPS Jack is reacting out of cynicism because it's something he may have never acknowledged before that he wants, and he's taking it out on Ennis. This is a great story!

retropian

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2009, 04:17:45 am »
Well, I finished all 35 chapters. I can hardley wait for the next update! I left a nice coment oh vic's livejournal account, I hope she see's it. I am really engaged by this story. I am particularly taken with the characterization of Ennis as Amish. I think that is brilliant. I think a novel focused on an Amish man coming to terms with his sexuality would be a wonderful read. I also hope that unlike BBM and Witness, the two main characters find a way to be together.

Ian

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2009, 01:20:00 am »
Well, I finished all 35 chapters. I can hardley wait for the next update! I left a nice coment oh vic's livejournal account, I hope she see's it. I am really engaged by this story. I am particularly taken with the characterization of Ennis as Amish. I think that is brilliant. I think a novel focused on an Amish man coming to terms with his sexuality would be a wonderful read. I also hope that unlike BBM and Witness, the two main characters find a way to be together.

Ian
Hi there Retropian. I just thought I might point you in the direction of another of Victopet´s stories; Brokeback Redemption.
It´s one of my absolute favorite fan fics. It´s darker than IPS, well-written and features Ennis as a man wrongly convicted for the murder of his wife. He meets Jack, another inmate, in prison. It´s sort of a mix between the TV-series Oz, and the movies The Shawshank Redemption and The Fugitive. I recomend it.