Author Topic: Are you left-handed or right-handed?  (Read 20916 times)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
Re: Are you left-handed or right-handed?
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 05:13:38 am »
I can do something better for you... put my hands palm to palm together at my heart and bow!   Nice to meet ya Susiebell!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2007, 12:11:13 am »
j.U.d.E!!!  It's great to see you!  Did you lose your cat pictures?  :( 

Offline Artiste

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »
Teacher would beat me with a ruler when I used my left hand to write.

So, I think that I used my right hand when at the blackboard!

Hugs!

Question: Left or right handed, are we then bi-polar if we used both equaly, if anyone knows?

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 11:36:42 pm »
Right handed ,but younger son is 100% left handed, and troubled older son is completely ambidextrous.Writes with right hand,plays guitar with left,draws and paints with left.Uses knife and fork whichever way he feels on any given day.Same with cups.Most odd.Daughter is right handed too.

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2008, 12:13:10 am »
Teacher would beat me with a ruler when I used my left hand to write.

Question: Left or right handed, are we then bi-polar if we used both equaly, if anyone knows?

Good question  :o I really have no idea but maybe it would depend on the severity and if while in the 'other' persona, if you would mantain physical habits and such.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2008, 01:29:03 am »

Interesting question but no, if one can use both hands equally they are classified as 'ambidexterous'. Hand preference is lateralized early during brain development (research shows typically before or by the age of 4), and has nothing to do with bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder is a mental illness, with the most prevalent theories highlighting a chemical imbalance in the brain and a strong genetic component.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2008, 09:30:55 pm »
Thanks BBM-Cat!

'ambidexterous'. Hand preference is lateralized early during brain development (research shows typically before or by the age of 4), and has nothing to do with bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder is a mental illness, with the most prevalent theories highlighting a chemical imbalance in the brain and a strong genetic component.

OK!

But in my case, since teacher hit ALWAYS a ruler on me when I used my left to write and forced me therefore to write right, and now I use BOTH hands, would that not make me bi-polar... possibly, BECAUSE of the TRAUMA I suffered?

What do you think?

Hugs!