Author Topic: Body Art (Tattoos & Piercings.. Got them? Not got them? Love them? Hate them?)  (Read 90082 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
I'm not very good at imagining things but looking forward to seeing it!!!!  Sounds fab! :-*

Oh, exciting! Good luck. I can't wait to see it!

You've had three babies. Trust me, the tattoo is small potatoes compared to that!

L

I was watching an episode of the amazing race today and this team of two sisters are doing a tax which involves crushing 15 trunks of asugar cane for the juice through this wringer thing and they're having a bit of tourble and one says to the opther cmon dig in - its like pushing our babies out - we can do it!

And the other one says (or should I say wails) I had a C Section remember!?!

:laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press

I was watching an episode of the amazing race today and this team of two sisters are doing a tax which involves crushing 15 trunks of asugar cane for the juice through this wringer thing and they're having a bit of tourble and one says to the opther cmon dig in - its like pushing our babies out - we can do it!

And the other one says (or should I say wails) I had a C Section remember!?!

:laugh:

Hahahahaha! I had one of each (c-section the second time). It still hurts, but in a different way. The first one, I pushed for 2 h and 21 min...trust me, a tattoo is small potatoes! LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
You're probably waiting for feedback - *sigh*

I haven't get it done today  :(.
We were there and the tatto artist told me my motive won't work. He said you can't do straight lines around the arm without anything that interrups them. He said they would never get really straight. I said it does not have to look like the lines were drawn with a ruler, but he said no.
Long story short, I can have my motive, but not around the arm, only as a stand-alone motive on the outside of the arm. Fine by me. It's not so important how far it goes around the arm; it's more important to me to get the motive I decided for.

But on Mondays they have only reduced opening hours because he is alone on Mondays. The studio was crammed with eight people waiting (he actually sent people away) and he didn't have the time to sit down and draw a proper tattoo flash from my layout/sketch.  :(

But I do have a fix appointment for tomorrow afternoon. He will have done the drawing till then.

Kerstin's tattoo was smaller and she had drawn it herself (a few scattered stars on the inside of the wrist, small ones only). So he did hers today.

I'm a bit frustrated. But if everything works out tomorrow like it want it to, it will be worth the additional waiting day.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
I am sure you are disappointed, Chrissi. But...you want it to be right. It is better to wait 24 hours! In the big scheme of things, 24 hours is not that long.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

You're probably waiting for feedback - *sigh*

I haven't get it done today  :(.
We were there and the tatto artist told me my motive won't work. He said you can't do straight lines around the arm without anything that interrups them. He said they would never get really straight. I said it does not have to look like the lines were drawn with a ruler, but he said no.
Long story short, I can have my motive, but not around the arm, only as a stand-alone motive on the outside of the arm. Fine by me. It's not so important how far it goes around the arm; it's more important to me to get the motive I decided for.

But on Mondays they have only reduced opening hours because he is alone on Mondays. The studio was crammed with eight people waiting (he actually sent people away) and he didn't have the time to sit down and draw a proper tattoo flash from my layout/sketch.  :(

But I do have a fix appointment for tomorrow afternoon. He will have done the drawing till then.

Kerstin's tattoo was smaller and she had drawn it herself (a few scattered stars on the inside of the wrist, small ones only). So he did hers today.

I'm a bit frustrated. But if everything works out tomorrow like it want it to, it will be worth the additional waiting day.

Oh I can understand your disappointment, Chrissi, but I bet you will have it done tomorrow and be really happy that he thought this through with you!

Can't wait to see your tattoo! Good luck tomorrow!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
aww shame Chrissi - but yay for tomorrow!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
I am sure you are disappointed, Chrissi. But...you want it to be right. It is better to wait 24 hours! In the big scheme of things, 24 hours is not that long.

L

Oh I can understand your disappointment, Chrissi, but I bet you will have it done tomorrow and be really happy that he thought this through with you!

Can't wait to see your tattoo! Good luck tomorrow!

aww shame Chrissi - but yay for tomorrow!!!

Thanks for your words. I know you are right. Of course it's better to have a tattoo artist who clearly says what's possible and what not beforehand and tries to find a good solution together with the client, instead of delivering bad work.

And waiting for one more day is not too bad either. Luckily Kerstin was able to find someone to look after her kids two days in a row, *phew*. It's not easy to find sitters for five kids (mine are at their grandma's for three days, so it's a good opportunity).

I'll report back tomorrow.

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
As far as piercings, only my ears, three times. About 15 years ago I thought about piercing my nose. Just a tiny little hoop. However, that is about the time I started working in optical and they won't allow piercings or tats showing. So I never did get the piercing. I have 3 tattoos though. My first one I got when I was around 31.  It's on my right leg on the side of my calf and it's the chinese symbols for rock n' roll. Music is something very dear to me and I'm definitely a rocker girl!
I have the chinese symbol for courage on the back of my neck. It has to do with some stuff I went through years ago that nearly killed me but I managed to live through it. Long story behind it but that's the jist.
 My third tat is a dragon that is on the left side of my back. On the back of the shoulder. I love dragons and have always wanted a dragon tattoo but didn't want anything ornate or big. This dragon is the exact same one that Angelina Jolie has on her arm. When I saw her's years ago I knew that was the one. It's all black and it's small and simple. My bf and I both got the dragon the same day. I surprised him for his birthday two years ago. I'm ready for another tat but I'm not sure what yet.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Leslie, your tat looks great!

Chrissi, you are right about the artist.  He/she will know what looks best and how to best lay it out.

Looking forward to pics of yours, too!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Leslie, your tat looks great!

Thanks, Chuck!

One week today! It is itching a little bit but not too much. I can keep my hands away from scratching it...

L