Author Topic: Reunion  (Read 3174 times)

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Reunion
« on: May 08, 2006, 04:58:45 pm »
I have read several references to people possibly 'fading away' from this board. 

I know that many that were on TOB & later on Tremblay are no longer posting.  So, I thought I would just throw out a suggestion.  If your other life takes over, how about we have a reunion. 

I'll suggest we all sign in on September 24th - for obvious reasons.  Maybe by then we'll even have an idea about a gathering in Calgary in 2007...

And if anyone knows how to contact any of the others who have already faded, maybe we could send them a postcard too.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Reunion
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:24:35 pm »
Good idea, silkncense. I'm sorry to be obtuse, but just so I have a better chance of remembering it, what is obvious about September 24?

I would like to encourage anyone who starts fading to check in once and a while, say hi, check your messages. It's disturbing when people disappear abruptly and are never heard from again, not even a postcard stamped DECEASED.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 05:35:28 pm »
Good idea, silkncense. I'm sorry to be obtuse, but just so I have a better chance of remembering it, what is obvious about September 24?

I would like to encourage anyone who starts fading to check in once and a while, say hi, check your messages. It's disturbing when people disappear abruptly and are never heard from again, not even a postcard stamped DECEASED.

You know, that's not even funny.. I don't mean that to lash out!! I just mean that I think about this sometimes.. What happens when someone does die? I mean among the virtual friends on a board. There are chances you might never find out what happened to that person..  Aaah stupid thoughts go away!

Same here - what's obvious about September 24th?  ???

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 03:54:14 am »
y'ah! I am dopey too.. Sep 24th?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 08:43:01 am »
 :) was that when BBM won the Golden Lion award in Italy?? ???
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 09:22:31 am »
Ooops -sorry.  Sept. 24th was the reunion of Jack & Ennis (1967).  From the postcard.  Since it was postmarked Sept & he didn't specify 'next month' - I just assumed that they met again on Sept 24th.

I'd also thought maybe December 9 (when the movie came out but since that is the Holiday rush - I thought Sept would be better).

Lots of looks but not many replies so maybe people are not concerned about anyone fading from this board.  Or something.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
Is there much to do in Calgary?  I'd rather go for a drive in the CAD Rockies. I bet, according to the film, the cold weather and snow comes in pretty early. How bout August!   

Can someone make a plaque and leave at the site where Jack gives his "blowup" speech towards the end of BBM or is the location on private proverty or in a National forest? Just a thought...  :)  It could have some quotes from the film with a final line saying "Ennis and Jack forever"

I'd donate money for that, the plaque I mean. Don't know if I'd be able to make the trip.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 02:14:25 pm »
September 24th is the film's June 24th from the book.  The date on the postcard when Jack Fuckin' Twist will be arriving to go to Motel Siesta.

Good idea, LJ.  And I'll just sing one of my favorite tunes here - swap contact info with the people you would hate to lose on this board - email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, whatever you are comfortable with.  I remember when it first looked like the IMDb Pierre Tremblay board looked like it was crumbling around our ears, a lot of us swapped that info.  It's like preparing for an earthquake.

Clarissa

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 02:27:17 pm »
KD5000 -

RE: Calgary 2007

There is (was) a post on TOB that mapped all the sites around Calgary where Brokeback was filmed - think the lake is Moose Lake (or was Brokeback actually Moose Mtn - someone help me here). 

Anyway, I think it would be great to visit sites, maybe arrange a screening, try to convince Pierre & Nicole to drop by, 'Casey Cornelius' also resides in Calgary (he is the one who mapped all the sites) - he loves to voice an opinion.  Also, the dollar exchange might make it a good choice - there might even be campsites as I think the area is Forest land. 

Clarissa - Did you keep the post of all the people who expressed interest in Calgary 2007 from TOB?

LJ