Author Topic: Turbulence - new story by midwest-girl (Amy)  (Read 17319 times)

mvansand76

Turbulence - new story by midwest-girl (Amy)
« on: August 29, 2007, 06:26:21 am »
Never started a thread for a story that hasn't been posted yet, but I heard it through the grapevine and I thought I would start a topic for this so that Amy knows where to tell us all about this new story!

She posted on EJ that she is planning to post chapter one of this new story next Thursday.

Amy, if you can't tell us what it is about, we will start speculating, OK?

:laugh:

midwest-girl

Re: Turbulence - new story by midwest-girl (Amy)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:50:33 am »
Hi, guys!  I wanted to post something here, but wasn't sure where to put it.   ;)  Yes, next Thursday I will be posting the first chapter of my new AU!AU, "Turbulence."  I don't really want to give too much away at this point (partly b/c, as usual, I'm writing by the seat of my pants and don't have a clear idea of where the story is going...LOL).  I will say that it's a modern day AU!AU.  And don't expect too much....I honestly think Shades was probably the best BBM story I'll ever write, so this one most likely won't measure up.  But I'm having fun with the writing process and just getting back into the swing of things.  Anway, thanks for the enthusiasm and encouragement!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:56:07 am »
Welcome, Amy! Good to have you back and good to have you writing again!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 10:21:39 am »
Ok guys, let the speculation begin....

;D

midwest-girl

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:30:12 am »
Welcome, Amy! Good to have you back and good to have you writing again!

Leslie

Thanks, Leslie!  I had to take a break to get my RL in order (amazing what ignoring it for six months will do!  LOL).  But I was missing Jack and Ennis and the fun of posting, so I thought I'd give it another whirl.   ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 10:32:22 am »
Wow!  This is really exciting news!  Can't wait to read the new story. :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 12:34:11 pm »
Terrific news!  Mel and I were recently talking about SOG and wishing for a new story - and here it is! 

Counting down the days...

Thanks, Amy!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 12:38:37 pm »
Hi, guys!  I wanted to post something here, but wasn't sure where to put it.   ;)  Yes, next Thursday I will be posting the first chapter of my new AU!AU, "Turbulence."  I don't really want to give too much away at this point (partly b/c, as usual, I'm writing by the seat of my pants and don't have a clear idea of where the story is going...LOL).  I will say that it's a modern day AU!AU.  And don't expect too much....I honestly think Shades was probably the best BBM story I'll ever write, so this one most likely won't measure up.  But I'm having fun with the writing process and just getting back into the swing of things.  Anway, thanks for the enthusiasm and encouragement!

Isn't it great to step back in? It's still an exciting world!

Ok, Turbulence, I'm thinking pilots on a plane, I'm thinking stewards on a plane (ha, the stories my stewardess sister tells me...), I'm thinking fighter jets (mmm... they don't experience turbulence), I'm thinking.... what am I thinking?  :-\

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 01:12:08 pm »

Well this is very exciting news.  All of your stories have been wonderful.  I am sure this
one will be no different.                                                                          janice

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 04:57:22 pm »
YEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!  :D  :D

I can't WAIT to start reading this story!!!!

Thanks Amy!!!  :-*  :D

And thanks to Melissa for starting this thread and telling us about it!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.