Author Topic: Dealing with Stress and Stress-Relief Tips  (Read 112156 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Dealing with Stress and Stress-Relief Tips
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2020, 10:03:54 am »
This one has a scary title, but it can be relaxing.  Haunted Halloween Mansion Fireplace with Thunder, Rain and Howling Wind

And if you needed to use the bathroom while you were there, it might look something like yours!  :laugh:

I can see the value. I've used the "fire in a fireplace" channel at Christmas, even though I have an actual wood-burning fireplace that I hardly ever use.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2021, 12:03:22 pm »
In an effort to destress, I have started watching mindless Christmas shows. Yesterday was "A Castle for Christmas" with Brooke Shields and Cary Elwes. Unfortunately, it put me to sleep and then I woke up early and started stressing out again.  :-\
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2021, 12:04:51 pm »
... I've used the "fire in a fireplace" channel at Christmas, even though I have an actual wood-burning fireplace that I hardly ever use.

Not the channel, but I'm using the Jacquie Lawson London Advent Calendar online for the very same thing!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2021, 01:49:38 pm »
In an effort to destress, I have started watching mindless Christmas shows. Yesterday was "A Castle for Christmas" with Brooke Shields and Cary Elwes.

A neighbor highly recommends this movie, which focuses on gay men's romance. She says a friend of hers was involved in making it and that it's been very well received.

Also, this is hilarious:

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/guidelines-for-female-protagonists-in-hallmark-christmas-movies

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2021, 10:59:33 am »
Thannks, I'll check that one out.

It's not even 8 am here, but I've already listened to Hauser, the cellist, in concert, and it has worked wonders! Next I'm going to go sip some turkey broth!