Author Topic: Once Was Lost(OWL), Return to Home and other Booklovergirl(Carol) stories  (Read 6099 times)

Offline ImJackshesEnnis

• Don't Say Much
I'm here to pimp my girl's writings.  lol.  From the angsty Once Was Lost to the tear-jerker Return To Home to the sexy and hot (just wait!  There's more coming soon!) Fire & Ice, let's make this the place to talk about and discuss Carol's writings under the LJ name Booklovergirl

Personally, my view is a wee bit biased so I can't comment too much, besides I've been collaborating with and for her through all these works, sitting next to her as she type-type-types away on her laptop. 

And if we start talking about it here, maybe, just maybe, she'll finally post the famous peanut butter cookie recipe.....

;)
Heidi

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Once Was Lost(OWL), Return to Home and other Booklovergirl(Carol) stories
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 07:53:42 am »
Welcome Heidi, welcome Carol...glad to have you here.

Do you want to include some links for the stories so interested readers can find them quickly?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ImJackshesEnnis

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 08:00:24 am »
(dusts off my rusty old forum know-how)

okay, I may try that here:

Once Was Lost ch. 1 (of 37?)
http://booklovergirl.livejournal.com/497.html

Return to Home Pt. 1 of 3
http://booklovergirl.livejournal.com/12659.html

Ch. 1 Fire & Ice (1 of 4 so far...)
http://booklovergirl.livejournal.com/#asset-booklovergirl-13588

(And I apologize, but I couldn't get her LJ tags to work to link to ALL the chapters, so if someone else knows how to do that and would like to modify this entry, please feel free!!!)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 10:23:41 am »
I dont read a lot of stories, but when I saw the premise for "Return to Home" I thought - what the heck is this?  Ennis in an old folks home? and I read it.

And I was very pleasantly surprised at the way this story played out!  It was quite well done, short, and sweet, too!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 02:38:14 pm »
Great to see you here, Heidi and Carol  :)

I just read the first four chapters of Fire & Ice yesterday and they were great.  Looking forward to more. 

I look forward to reading Once Was Lost and Return to Home.

Now, what was that about peanut butter cookies? 

Thanks for the heads up,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 03:13:26 pm »
I dont read a lot of stories, but when I saw the premise for "Return to Home" I thought - what the heck is this?  Ennis in an old folks home? and I read it.

And I was very pleasantly surprised at the way this story played out!  It was quite well done, short, and sweet, too!

I loved Return to Home too. That was such a touching story, Carol! Welcome to you both by the way!  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:13:20 pm »
I just finished Return to Home and wanted to thank you for the story.  I agree with Louise's and Mel's comments - it was beautifully written and touching on so many levels.  I have a special place in my heart for the elderly and the images you gave us of Ennis's final days and his Jack leading him "home" were profoundly moving.  I love a good cry and you sure gave me one.   :)

Once Was Lost is next on my list!

Thanks again,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline imennisshesjack

• Don't Say Much
Hi all,
What a nice place you have here.  ;)
Thanks for discussing my stuff, and thanks for the pimpage, girl.
Chapter 10 of F&I is underway. Should be posted this weekend.

OWL is closest to my heart, b'c it was the first fic I ever wrote and actually finished.
RTH is my baby; it has a lot of personal bits in there.
F&I is fun b'c it's my ode to hockey and J&E.

After that, I'll concentrate on one-shots.

Guess I'll see ya 'round then...
Carol

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
Hi Carol,

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm all caught up with Fire & Ice and I'm glad to hear the next chapter is in the works!   It's great to see a fic with J&E as professional athletes - a really interesting area to explore and you're doing a great job with those dynamics.

Marie

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Once Was Lost is very close to MY heart. If I could write, it's the story I would want to tell.

O0

Heathen