Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 830762 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1040 on: June 09, 2008, 03:01:07 pm »
pictures pictures pictures required!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1041 on: June 09, 2008, 03:15:52 pm »
oh cool! Do YOU have any pictures you can post?

Of course I do.........as soon as I can get them downloaded to my computer  ;D

injest

« Reply #1042 on: June 09, 2008, 03:20:12 pm »
Of course I do.........as soon as I can get them downloaded to my computer  ;D

welllll??? are you not AT your computer????

*nag Nag NAG NAG*

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1043 on: June 09, 2008, 03:22:16 pm »
pictures pictures pictures required!!

Definitely required!!! I know there is going to be some kind of central repository for pictures; however, I am also going to post some of mine here. After all it is my blog  ;) Actually what I plan to do is to create another thread here called "The Roundup Thread" or something like that. I am going to recount my adventure as best as I can which will also include pictures. Don't worry I will not tell those things that fit into the phrase "What happens in Wyoming stays in Wyoming" or "What happens on the mountain stays on the mountain stories  :laugh: It will be a way I can remember the trip as well as share it with all of you. I hope they will let me have a link that goes to it from the main Roundup 2008 thread. Maybe they will  ;D I will try.

injest

« Reply #1044 on: June 09, 2008, 03:25:28 pm »
Definitely required!!! I know there is going to be some kind of central repository for pictures; however, I am also going to post some of mine here. After all it is my blog  ;) Actually what I plan to do is to create another thread here called "The Roundup Thread" or something like that. I am going to recount my adventure as best as I can which will also include pictures. Don't worry I will not tell those things that fit into the phrase "What happens in Wyoming stays in Wyoming" or "What happens on the mountain stays on the mountain stories  :laugh: It will be a way I can remember the trip as well as share it with all of you. I hope they will let me have a link that goes to it from the main Roundup 2008 thread. Maybe they will  ;D I will try.

actually that was a misunderstanding...They meant that UL Flyer is collecting pictures for a DVD for people....we still want all the pics you want to post!

but your idea is a great one! I like the idea of a kind of visual diary told from your viewpoint! and I KNOW they will put a link for you!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1045 on: June 16, 2008, 12:45:54 pm »
Well it looks like the rest of my summer plans are now in place. Next Friday I will be taking off again to the City and then in late July I will be heading to Southern California. I ended up finally making my reservations this morning. I was able to kill two birds with one stone since I was booking with the same hotel chain. There is nothing like Westin and the good thing is that the more you stay there the better deals you get. It helps being a preferred member and having one of their credit cards as well. It's usually hell dealing with reservation people but this hotel chain really does make it easy for you. Plus they will do all they can to get you the lowest rate. I assume it would be the same for Sheraton and W since they are all part of Starwood; however, I have never stayed at one of those. It could be that I stayed at a Sheraton many years ago. There for awhile it seemed like these trips were too close to coming back from Wyoming, but hey you only live once and these trips have been on my agenda since last summer.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1046 on: June 16, 2008, 04:48:51 pm »
For the past two years I have lived under the assumption that for me being a loner is just the way I am. I thought I had discovered a revelation by which I would live. I suddenly saw that most bad times I had ever had anywhere had to do with the company and not with the place. This never meant that I could not be around a group of people and have a good time. It never meant that I could not have a great time striking up a conversation with strangers and having a good time. In fact I found those to be benefits to the loner lifestyle. What I thought I had found was that fun for me was not being around one other person. In doing that I would be subjecting myself to not being able to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. I know this developed because of a couple of bad relationships, but I thought I had truly convinced myself that this was always the life I wanted. So what does happen if suddenly you do enjoy doing things with another person? Does that make my whole revelation about myself false? That's one of those things I have to think about.

injest

« Reply #1047 on: June 17, 2008, 01:55:52 am »
It means life is not static....maybe that was what you needed then. And now you are at a different stage in life and are ready to do things differently. You dont' do the same things now as you did when you were ten...why should it be different for any other period of your life?

Life is change.

I am so glad to see you opening up like this!

injest

« Reply #1048 on: June 17, 2008, 01:56:33 am »
and uh....

if you hear anything...

it wasnt' me! I swear!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1049 on: June 17, 2008, 07:53:45 am »
It means life is not static....maybe that was what you needed then. And now you are at a different stage in life and are ready to do things differently. You dont' do the same things now as you did when you were ten...why should it be different for any other period of your life?

Life is change.

I am so glad to see you opening up like this!

I like what you say Jess!!!