Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 821260 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1830 on: June 20, 2011, 07:47:41 pm »
No, but the Psycho Children came to visit yesterday...........turns out that the one with the beard is their father

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1831 on: July 04, 2011, 10:24:41 am »
Happy
Independence
Day
Jack!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1832 on: August 14, 2020, 11:05:23 am »
Hello everyone,

I hope I am posting correctly. It's been a very long time since I have posted anything here. Thank you Chuck for thinking of this idea of everyone coming back and posting to their blogs. I really can't "ramble" too much right now because I am in the middle of getting my classes ready for Monday. However, I wanted to at least post something. I actually am really hoping that we can all come home to Bettermost. It is a special place that I used to practically live in. It is also a place where I can post more private matters than on platforms such as Facebook. I have so many diverse friends on Facebook that I am always afraid I may make someone mad with most anything I say. Of course, Bettermost has very diverse people as well, but not in the same sense. We share a very similar community along with close interests. I am doing fine and as usual I have a lot going on in my life. Many things have happened since I last posted here and I will expand on those in later posts here. As far as living through this pandemic and this "new normal" whatever that will be, I am making it. I sure never thought or dreamed that I would ever see something like this happen. It is very scary. It's even more scary since it is hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope all of you are doing well and I really hope as I stated before that we can bring our Bettermost community back together with the same closeness we once had.

Jack

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1833 on: August 14, 2020, 01:25:01 pm »
Hi Jack!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1834 on: August 14, 2020, 03:48:07 pm »
Jack, it's so good to "see" you!

Are you still as good at packing a pickup as you were on Roundup?  ;D

(I agree. It's very scary and difficult to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  :( )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1835 on: August 14, 2020, 11:57:43 pm »
Hiya Jack!  I'm glad you came back to post!   Looking forward to reading more.

Yes, you posted right!!  ;)

Yes, the light at the end of the tunnel seems very faint!  I'm hoping that 2021 brings us all positive things.  I'm ready to bid a not so fond adieu to 2020.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1836 on: August 15, 2020, 09:32:26 am »
Heya, Jack! Good to see you here. :D

"It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel."

Since everyone seems to see it this way, I'd like to offer a slightly different perspective.
I'm so totally 100% positive about the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know why, but I always see the bigger picture in regard to Covid-19 without even trying. Mankind has survived pandemics before, mankind has suffered (and still suffers) from horrible wars, their aftermaths, from hunger, etc., etc.

Humans are survivors. Mankind has survived things worse than Corona, mankind right now fights things worse than Corona.
As to our convenient, luxury, Western lifestyle: it may take a blow, it already has. There are many things we can not do now. But in the end, the pandemic will outrun itself, the economy will sooner or later recover, and we (as in we rich people, compared to the rest of the world) will still be richer and in a better position than many other humans sharing our planet.

I do know that the pandemic is worse for you in the US, and that your social and economical status quo is far less safe than in my country. Thus, I understand that for you times are more frightening than they are for me. The fact stays the same however: pandemics run themselves out. We will make it through.

The really scary part for me is the question whether everyone in my family stays safe. But there's not only Corona to worry about: there's cancer, heart-attacks, accidents, strokes, what have you not. If you think too long or too often about stuff like that, you go stir crazy. So I put it all aside most of the time and enjoy life. Light at the end of the tunnel? - you bet!