Author Topic: As the World Turns - Luke and Noah (Videos)  (Read 96479 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: As the World Turns - Luke and Noah (Videos)
« Reply #270 on: June 19, 2009, 12:14:07 am »
Many moons ago, when I was a teenager, I used to watch General Hospital and One Life to Live. I also loved Dark Shadows.   My mom watched As The World Turns every day when I was a kid.  I don't know if or when she ever stopped watching it, prior to her passing away in 2002. I discovered Luke & Noah on this thread and started watching ATWT last fall. Now I'm hooked on it, and I tape it every day and watch it in the evenings.  I love the Luke & Noah story line.  I love seeing them together. 

I was addicted to Dark Shadows growing up.....had to be home every day after school to watch it. I have bought some of the DVDs, but have still never really got around to watching them.......never enough time....lol. I remember I was totally crushed when Barnabas killed Tom Jennings....damn I loved Tom Jennings. Of course he came back as Chris Jennings the werewolf, but he never was to me what Tom was. They were both played by Don Briscoe......see I even remember his real name. Anyway, I started watching As The World Turns with my mother in 1999 after Another World was cancelled cause some of the characters came over to ATWT. She was upset about Another World going off so I told her I had heard some of the people were coming to ATWT. Then I got wound up with Carly and Jack as well as Molly, Chris, Abigail, etc. and so I have followed it ever since. I think Carly and Jack are one of the best couples ever. Carly is beautiful and Jack is very handsome. I think the show has done a great job with the Luke story throughout. As The World Turns is THE soap opera that all of them have tried to live up to over the years. It is the Cadillac of soap operas and it  always will be. When Carol Burnett picked it for the soap opera in her skits, As The Stomach Turns, you know it it iconic. There will never be another ATWT.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2009, 01:25:06 am »
CBS cancels "As The World Turns" Last episode to air in September 2010.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #272 on: December 10, 2009, 10:55:34 pm »
I am saddened by this news. At the Lukeandnoahfans.com website, they are encouraging fans to write to Lifetime channel, and tell them how much the show means to them, and asking Lifetime to pick it up so it can continue on that channel.  If only that would work, that would be great!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2010, 08:47:32 am »
I am creating a new thread to hopefully try and save "As The World Turns" either on CBS or another network. I did not know about the lukeandnoah.com site, but I will check that out. ATWT is not just about Luke and Noah although that is a great and groundbreaking storyline. In 1988, ATWT also featured the first gay male character on American soap operas. The show has been groundbreaking in many ways as well as being a historic icon and American institution. It really deserves our support.

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #274 on: February 05, 2010, 12:03:48 am »
Jack, the Luke and Noah site is lukeandnoahfans.com, not lukeandnoah.com  Check it out.  It is a great site with so much to see & do there.  They are trying very hard to think up ways to try and save the show.  I sincerely hope they can somehow pull it off and keep it up and running.  I would miss Luke & Noah very much!