Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735745 times)

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14180 on: December 24, 2015, 04:21:30 pm »
Merry Christmas Chuck
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14181 on: December 24, 2015, 06:30:03 pm »
Love that picture! Here's one of a new owl I got...I guess owls are in this year.

Hope you're off enjoying your Christmas Eve by now!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14182 on: December 26, 2015, 06:53:40 pm »
Hey Chuck

A very belated Merry Christmas to you and your family

Cheers mate

Matthew

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14183 on: December 28, 2015, 11:20:11 am »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.  I did!

I even got to spend Sunday doing nothing but relaxing!  :)

And now, the countdown to New Year begins.   I'll be out with some of the bowlers that night, should be fun.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14184 on: December 29, 2015, 08:57:30 am »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

How is everyone doing today?

Roads were pretty quiet today, got to work 30 minutes earlier than usual.  ::)

I picked up the stuff I need to make my stromboli/pepperoni bread for  the New Year's Eve party I'm invited to.

I'm the only one in my corner of the office today!  Everyone else is off, so I hope to be able to get all my filing done.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14185 on: December 29, 2015, 03:55:38 pm »
Hope you get all your filing done before New Years, Chuckie!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14186 on: December 29, 2015, 04:14:31 pm »
well, it's not done, but there's a big chunk taken out of it.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14187 on: December 29, 2015, 05:24:26 pm »
Am at the airport on my way back home, TBTG
Surprised Sydney airport no longer blocks Bettermost. Never did block DCF.
It was not too hot, a few warm eveings but 2 cold changes went through with some rainy cool days so did not suffer too much.
Dunedin has been warm with no rain until today. Hope my strawberry plants have not died like last year. I did move the pot into the shade before I left.
A 3 hour flight to Christchurch with Emirates, 2 hour 40 minute wait then an hour flight to Dunedin on an Air New Zeland turboprop. Then have booked the shuttle home. Should be home by 7.30pm but I lose 2 hours so only 5.30pm Sydney time. Now 8.30am.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14188 on: December 30, 2015, 09:49:54 am »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

Happy hump day!

Hope everyone is doing well here today!

Currently sitting in my cubicle alone, and enjoying the quiet.  :)

Lite FM has stopped playing Christmas music 24/7, however, they are mixing holiday music in with the usual pop music.  Stuff like Winter Wonderland and Jingle Bells, nothing specific about Christmas, however,

Right now, they're playing Dan Fogelberg's "Same Auld Lang Syne".   From Wikipedia....

"Same Old Lang Syne" is a song written and sung by Dan Fogelberg released as a single in 1980. It was also included on his 1981 album The Innocent Age. The song is a narrative ballad told in the first person and tells the story of two long-ago romantic interests meeting by chance in a grocery store on Christmas Eve. The song peaked at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart and is now frequently played during the holiday season and alongside traditional Christmas songs.  The melody is based on the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky and ends with a soprano saxophone solo by Michael Brecker based on the melody from the original "Auld Lang Syne".

"Same Old Lang Syne" is frequently played on radio stations during the American holiday season. The song begins mentioning Christmas Eve and ends with the acknowledgment of snow, commonly associated with the Christmas holiday. Apart from the initial (and final) reference, there is no further association with the holiday or holiday season. However, since the song's release, both the reference in the title and the musical quote of "Auld Lang Syne" (traditionally sung on New Year's Eve) as the epilogue have encouraged the song's popularity during December.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14189 on: December 30, 2015, 09:52:18 am »
Am at the airport on my way back home, TBTG  Surprised Sydney airport no longer blocks Bettermost. Never did block DCF.

It was not too hot, a few warm eveings but 2 cold changes went through with some rainy cool days so did not suffer too much.

Dunedin has been warm with no rain until today. Hope my strawberry plants have not died like last year. I did move the pot into the shade before I left.

A 3 hour flight to Christchurch with Emirates, 2 hour 40 minute wait then an hour flight to Dunedin on an Air New Zeland turboprop. Then have booked the shuttle home. Should be home by 7.30pm but I lose 2 hours so only 5.30pm Sydney time. Now 8.30am.

Safe travels, Brian!  I'm sure you'll be glad to be home!