Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8900848 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14190 on: December 30, 2015, 12:11:30 pm »
Right now, they're playing Dan Fogelberg's "Same Auld Lang Syne".

I loved Dan Fogleberg. I was so sad when he died.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14191 on: December 30, 2015, 01:09:01 pm »
I loved Dan Fogleberg. I was so sad when he died.  :(

He was a bit of a hit maker, wasn't he?   According to the Billboard Hot 100 archives, he managed to get 10 Top 40 hits, 4 of them going Top  10.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14192 on: December 31, 2015, 09:32:50 am »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

So, is everyone ready for the new year?

If all goes well (and customers stay away - lol) I should be able to leave at about 2:00, get home, shave and shower, and start my cooking for the NYE party I'm going to tonight.  It will be at the house of one of my friends at the bowling league.

Already have my new calendars up, and as of yesterday got my filing done!

;D

I think I'm ready to start 2016!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14193 on: December 31, 2015, 12:20:05 pm »
Already have my new calendars up.

I won't do that till tomorrow--and at work, not till Monday. More superstitious than I'd like to admit, I guess.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14194 on: January 01, 2016, 03:46:09 am »
Since I live on the west coast , I'll be the last to say "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" while in the dying moments of 2015!
May health and wealth be yours for 2016!!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14195 on: January 04, 2016, 12:04:10 pm »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

Hope everyone had a great NYE and NYD!

Back in my cubicle, and the "special" hours are over, so it's back to the usual 8:00-4:30.

bleh.

I've got a desktop calendar, and each day is  a different phrase.  If I can find a pic to match the one on the calendar, I'll post it to my blog.

:)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14196 on: January 05, 2016, 04:54:35 pm »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

Yup!  Today is cold!!  Winter  temps have finally arrived here.

Today's page from my scarcastic calendar reads as: I'm really impress by your ability to quit drinking and get your life in order for one month a year.

Spoke to the computer repair guy today, the computer should be ready by tomorrow or early Thursday the latest.  It will be nice to have it back!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14197 on: January 06, 2016, 09:52:19 am »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

Yup, that's today's 'ecard'.

I must admit, I'm not sure I'd leave the house....depends on the weather!  :laugh:

Hopefully today I'll be getting the computer back.   The guy left a voicemail for me yesterday, he had a death in the family, and was out of town, which explains the delay.  When I originally left if for him, he said "most likely after the holidays" so I wasn't too put off about the time.

Still very cold here,  now where is theh snow, dammit!!!   :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14198 on: January 07, 2016, 09:37:14 am »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

Yup, that's today's 'ecard'.

currently 27 degrees here, but suppoed to warm up to the 40s.

Computer will be ready to pick up today!  I've missed it!  The cost will be $125.00, which isn't too bad.  Of course (because when it rains, it pours) the "Service Engine Now" light popped up on my car Tuesday night, so I have an appointment for Saturday to have that looked at, and to have the car inspected, since my sticker expires the end of this month.  Good thing that Friday is payday!

Other than the car business, no major plans for the weekend, I'm thinking of 'undecorating' the apartment on Friday, and doing the laundry on Saturday instead of Sunday.  Sunday's forecast is for heavy rain, and I'd rather not be lugging laundry around.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14199 on: January 07, 2016, 05:26:05 pm »
I am expecting a letter from City Ford any day. I bought my car from them 10 days after arriving in New Zealand on 22nd January 2010 so I have a yearly service. In New Zealand there are 2 stickers, one for Registration (anniversary of when I bought the car , no inspection needed) and one for Warrant of Fitness which is related to when the car was originally certified roadworthy so always in November for me and when the inspection was done.
In Australia they have done away with stickers on cars , the police just check up your rego number on their in car computer to make sure it is registered and therefore has been checked at an authorised road service station.

I bought a new wifi back up drive when I was in Australia at Christmas. It was $100 cheaper there. Have been nervous that the one attached to my computer might be stolen along with it. This new one is located in the spare room.  I bought my computer 3 years ago and thought 120 GB storage was plenty. The new external hard drive has 1 TB (1000GB ?) Where are we headed?