Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8902657 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14250 on: February 09, 2016, 12:48:14 pm »
lmao!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14251 on: February 10, 2016, 09:35:48 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Any excuse for an extended lunch! 

Grey and cold today, and a light snow is falling.  Weathermen say this should clear by afternoon, and we'll  have warmer temps and sun.

Monday is a national holiday, so I'll  have an extra day on the weekend!  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14252 on: February 10, 2016, 10:33:39 am »
Monday is a national holiday, so I'll  have an extra day on the weekend!  :)

Me, too, except I made an appointment for a CT scan at 8:30 Monday morning.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14253 on: February 11, 2016, 10:06:22 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

No Valentine's date for me to  plan, so no being emotionally drained!  ;D

It will be a busy weekend,  Friday is my brother Chris' birthday, and then Saturday is mom & dad's wedding anniversary, their 51st.

I don't know if we're even getting together or not, but I have the cards ready, just in case.

:laugh:

Looking forward to sleeping in for three days, and this weekend is supposed to be cold!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14254 on: February 11, 2016, 10:07:08 am »
Me, too, except I made an appointment for a CT scan at 8:30 Monday morning.  :-\

Ugh!  I try to schedule nothing on those days!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14255 on: February 11, 2016, 10:29:05 am »
Ugh!  I try to schedule nothing on those days!

Well, yes, but think about it. I've just been out of work a lot because of my dad's surgery and recovery. Appearances matter! It's also early in the year to squander leave time that I might need later for myself or my dad.

And it isn't the fact that I scheduled the procedure for a holiday that's now bothering me. It's the fact that I was stupid enough to schedule it so early!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14256 on: February 11, 2016, 12:50:41 pm »
Well, yes, but think about it. I've just been out of work a lot because of my dad's surgery and recovery. Appearances matter! It's also early in the year to squander leave time that I might need later for myself or my dad.

And it isn't the fact that I scheduled the procedure for a holiday that's now bothering me. It's the fact that I was stupid enough to schedule it so early!  :laugh:

Well, after it's done you can always go home and take a nap.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14257 on: February 11, 2016, 01:56:38 pm »
Don't medical staff in the US take holidays?  Here medical centres (except for emergencies) are closed on public holidays.
I had my yearly skin cancer checkup on Tuesday. He took one biopsy just in front of my ear and I complained (not to him) about the cost $415.
He rang me yesterday, It is a basal skin cancer. Quite common for me. Last year, one on my arm cost just over $800 to remove. Because of the location on my face, this one will need a full day in surgery as he takes the minimum area then does the lab tests on site before closing the wound.
Estimated cost $3000.  I am not a happy chappy.
The first date he gave me was 6 days before my citizenship ceremony and I did not want to go with my face all bandaged up. However the 2nd date ( a fortnight later) is the day before I go away on a weekend hiking camp so we are back to meeting the mayor with bandages.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14258 on: February 12, 2016, 09:21:26 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

lmao!  how true is this?

Super cold weekend is upon us here in NJ, I plan on staying indoors and warm!  LOL  Not sure if anything is going on with the family or not. 

My brother's bday is today, parents' anniversary is tomorrow and V-Day is Sunday.   Dont' know if there is a family thing happening, or if the weekend is truly mine.  LOL

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14259 on: February 12, 2016, 09:28:24 am »
Don't medical staff in the US take holidays?  Here medical centres (except for emergencies) are closed on public holidays.  I had my yearly skin cancer checkup on Tuesday. He took one biopsy just in front of my ear and I complained (not to him) about the cost $415.

He rang me yesterday, It is a basal skin cancer. Quite common for me. Last year, one on my arm cost just over $800 to remove. Because of the location on my face, this one will need a full day in surgery as he takes the minimum area then does the lab tests on site before closing the wound.  Estimated cost $3000.  I am not a happy chappy.

The first date he gave me was 6 days before my citizenship ceremony and I did not want to go with my face all bandaged up. However the 2nd date ( a fortnight later) is the day before I go away on a weekend hiking camp so we are back to meeting the mayor with bandages.

Hello Brian, good to see ya!

Glad to hear that the surgery is quick and minor, but costly.  Not good.  Doesn't it figure that the bandages will be there when  you don't want them?

Regarding holidays and medical centers,  I guess it depends on different circumstances.   Perhaps a private practice will be closed, but medical centers (like an immedi-center) would be opened, but probably not as staffed as usual.