Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8853730 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14760 on: January 29, 2017, 01:00:59 am »
Thank you for letting us know, Chuck. May she rest in peace.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #14761 on: January 29, 2017, 05:48:31 pm »
Thank you Chuck. I saw Linda's post on Facebook and wanted to come over to BetterMost to give my condolences to Debbie. I hope she's managing all right and I look forward to seeing her again to give her a hug in person. She was a truly great support to her mom.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14762 on: January 29, 2017, 11:50:11 pm »
Thank you, Chuck. I don't believe I know Debbie, but if you are in touch with her please pass along my condolences as well.  :(

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14763 on: January 30, 2017, 10:48:13 am »
Hiya Bettermost members!

Very cold Monday here in NJ!  It's only in the 30s, and weatherman is calling for snow, from a covering to a full inch. 

I hope it happens,  it's fun to watch  the snow fall, it looks so peaceful!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14764 on: January 30, 2017, 11:24:22 am »
Very cold Monday here in NJ!  It's only in the 30s

:laugh: :laugh: Now there are two sentences that would never be uttered in Minnesota in January. Maybe in, say, mid-September.

More like "It's going to be pretty warm today! It's supposed to get up into the 30s!" or "Very cold today! It might not get above zero."

weatherman is calling for snow, from a covering to a full inch.

:laugh:  And in these parts, "a covering to a full inch" barely qualifies as a snow forecast. Anything less than three inches is a minor hassle. Four or five is a bit of a pain. But it's six inches and up that I really hate, because then the shoveling becomes a giant, backbreaking ordeal. One winter my son and I had to shovel 18". It took several hours.

Believe me, I'm not defending it. I'd trade climates with you any day. Then maybe I, too, would think of snow as pretty instead of ugggghhhhh .....

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14765 on: January 30, 2017, 11:28:32 am »
I would post this photo or send it to you, but I don't know how to find it now. I guess I could probably figure it out, but it would be quicker just to describe it.

When I went onto Facebook today, "My memories" was a picture from 3 years ago of the snowbank at the edge of my driveway. It went to the top of the back fence and a couple of feet above the roof of the car. So maybe seven or eight feet.

That was a particularly snowy winter. My driveway really only has one place to pile snow, so I was having to heave shovelfuls up higher than my head.  :P

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14766 on: January 30, 2017, 12:40:19 pm »
That was a particularly snowy winter. My driveway really only has one place to pile snow, so I was having to heave shovelfuls up higher than my head.  :P

:o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14767 on: January 30, 2017, 01:27:27 pm »

Oh now that sounds fun....NOT!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14768 on: February 02, 2017, 12:36:18 pm »
Hiya Bettermost friends!

I think I will be watching more figure skating this weekend.  The European championships were last weekend, but the broadcast times seemed to be all over the place.  I will check my On Demand today and see what I can find.  If they have it listed, I shall make an evening out of it, and pick up some sushi on the way home, and have a great sushi dinner while watching Europeans.

It should give me some idea of what the international field is like that our skaters are up against.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14769 on: February 02, 2017, 05:30:02 pm »
I'm sure Sweden wins. Sweden is great. Sweden is fantastic.

Nobody can beat Sweden.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre