Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680897 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15330 on: January 28, 2018, 04:49:29 pm »
Well, Matthew does have reason to look that way, if not Scarlett. Drying clothes outside is obviously better for the planet. And some say it's good for the clothes!

Oh, trust me, I know.

Mom has a line in the back yard, and when I wash clothes in the late spring through early autumn, I hang them out to dry.

Great way to dry bed linens, especially if there is a good breeze.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15331 on: January 28, 2018, 06:30:35 pm »
ya know a picture  is worth a thousand words LOL, 

It sure is!

Good to see ya here too!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15332 on: January 28, 2018, 06:31:41 pm »
For everyone else NZ is having a heat wave. Some places in the 30s'C which, as an Aussie by birth, I should laugh at calling a heatwave but I have become acclimatised. I moved from Sydney to escape the heat and they have had record temps over 45'C this summer. Even down here in the south we have forecast 27'C again today and 33' for Wednesday, which if it happens will be a record.  My sister asks when I am moving to Antarctica. 

With temps like that,  Antarctica sounds  good!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15333 on: January 28, 2018, 06:32:05 pm »

I agree, it makes them smell fresher!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15334 on: January 29, 2018, 10:30:14 am »

I agree, it makes them smell fresher!

Sure does! My mother used to line-dry comforters, too.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15335 on: January 29, 2018, 07:42:35 pm »
Sure does! My mother used to line-dry comforters, too.

I think for comforters, that makes the most sense.  Easier to do that than cram it in a drier.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15336 on: January 29, 2018, 07:44:29 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope everyone is doing well!   Work was a little busy today,  so I'm glad the day is over!

Tomorrow I have off, because I have the final part of my root canal to get taken care of, the permanent crown is put on.   No other appointments that day, so I can laze around the apartment, if I choose.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15337 on: January 29, 2018, 08:39:27 pm »
I think for comforters, that makes the most sense.  Easier to do that than cram it in a drier.

Sorry for repeating myself but the best way to dry comforters, IMO, is to put them back on the bed, damp! We have such a dry climate in Colorado, that they're dry in no time, and the air is refreshingly hydrated!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15338 on: January 29, 2018, 09:10:52 pm »
Sorry for repeating myself but the best way to dry comforters, IMO, is to put them back on the bed, damp! We have such a dry climate in Colorado, that they're dry in no time, and the air is refreshingly hydrated!

That might work well in Colorado, but that would not work very well in the humid climate of the Mid-Atlantic region. All you would end up with is a wet bed.

Around here, being hung outdoors on a clothesline in a good stiff breeze dries a comforter and gives it a nice, fresh scent that is wonderful the first time you get back into bed.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15339 on: January 29, 2018, 10:00:26 pm »
I had to look up what a comforter was. All I could think of was baby's dummy.
I discovered they are what Australians call doonas and Kiwis call duvets. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comforter
 I have had to adjust my language accordingly although saying doona in NZ is understood, just gives my birth country away. Probably the generic term is continental quilt.
I first met such items when I first visited Germany in 1974. They were almost unknown in Australia then but I bought one and have used it ever since. I do not use a top sheet but, of course, have duvet covers which I wash. I do not have to make the bed every day, just shake out the duvet/doona. In German hotels they roll them up but I leave mine laying flat on the bed.