Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680754 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15580 on: May 31, 2018, 05:58:05 pm »
I hope they come in much more than threes!  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15581 on: May 31, 2018, 07:14:42 pm »
When I went to Sydney the week before Easter on the Monday afternoon I was upgraded to Business Class on the flight from Christchurch to Sydney. I had been offered but declined an upgrade several days before at over $300.

On Wednesday evening I took my sister to see "The Book of Mormon".  When I booked, a few months before, there were seat  n the centre of the stalls for $245 each ????. Up in the Circe for $75 with restricted view and on the right side of the stalls for $99. I chose $99 and we sat and thought not too bad, can see all except the extreme right. A couple came in and were directed to the centre seats one row in front of us. The woman began complaining that her husband suffered from claustrophobia and had to sit on the edge. The usher replied that the house was full and she tried to phone her supervisor. I thought quickly and offered to swap seats.  The couple were so grateful and kept asking if we minded. We swapped tickets as well and had difficulty keeping a straight face and saying "no trouble at all " as we read $245 on the tickets and wondered if they ever looked at the tickets I gave them showing $99. Kept waiting for the 3rd good fortune but never came.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15582 on: June 01, 2018, 08:27:59 pm »
Oh, that's a good exchange, Brian.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15583 on: June 02, 2018, 03:08:42 pm »
Hiya Bettermost friends!

It is warm today.  Bleh!   currently over 85F and humid.   It poured earlier today, but it didn't do anything to cool us off. 

Was up and about earlier today, getting some shopping done, and some cleaning around the apartment.  In about an hour, I'm  leaving for NYC!  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15584 on: June 05, 2018, 09:32:49 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

It was fun to see Brokies this weekend, had a lot of laughs catching up!

Have today off of work, I have a dentist appointment today for my 6 month cleaning,  and it's in the middle of the day (noon) so I just took the day off.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15585 on: June 05, 2018, 09:45:20 am »
Have today off of work, I have a dentist appointment today for my 6 month cleaning,  and it's in the middle of the day (noon) so I just took the day off.

Mine is coming up on Thursday. I always schedule for the afternoon so I can work a half day and take the afternoon off.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15586 on: June 05, 2018, 01:20:22 pm »
Mine is coming up on Thursday. I always schedule for the afternoon so I can work a half day and take the afternoon off.

Good luck with yours!

My dentist found a small cavity, so I have to go back next week or the week after for a filling.   He said it should only take a half hour.

It's a nice day out......cloudy with sun peeking through occasionally.  It's in the 70s, but not humid, with a breeze, so I have all my windows open, and letting fresh air into the apartment.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15587 on: June 05, 2018, 03:10:03 pm »
It began snowing just after 8pm last night. Now at 7am I cannot see (sunrise 8.11am)  if it is actually snowing but the ground is covered but not heavily. I have a meeting in the city at 2pm. The buses are not coming up the hill at the moment so will have to see. If the buses will not come up the road I am not driving on it. The problem is I have the yearly dues of 5 members of my walking group to pay (paid for 10 at the AGM in May) and, as I am going to the UK, I will not be at another monthly meeting until October.  Many do not go to the meeting so I pay their dues. Despite complaints from several of us, the treasurer will not accept internet bank payments. Some of the members pay me by internet and I take the cash to the meeting  ???

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15588 on: June 06, 2018, 05:31:07 pm »
Good evening Bettermost Friends!

;D

Had yesterday off, as I had a dentist appointment.  I try to schedule these things early in the morning or late in the afternoon, so I don't have to miss work, but yesterday, the only appointment that was available was noon, and it made no sense to go into work, leave, and then go back, so I just took the day off.

I slept in, and then when I got home, spent the day cleaning the apartment, very thoroughly.  Kitchen and bathroom scrubbing, dusting, and reorganizing some cabinets.

;D

Today I had a doctor's appointment, but was able to get it in the late afternoon,  so I didn't need to take today off, I left work early.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15589 on: June 06, 2018, 05:31:59 pm »
It began snowing just after 8pm last night. Now at 7am I cannot see (sunrise 8.11am)  if it is actually snowing but the ground is covered but not heavily. I have a meeting in the city at 2pm. The buses are not coming up the hill at the moment so will have to see. If the buses will not come up the road I am not driving on it. The problem is I have the yearly dues of 5 members of my walking group to pay (paid for 10 at the AGM in May) and, as I am going to the UK, I will not be at another monthly meeting until October.  Many do not go to the meeting so I pay their dues. Despite complaints from several of us, the treasurer will not accept internet bank payments. Some of the members pay me by internet and I take the cash to the meeting  ???

Hello Brian,

did you end up having a lot of snow?