Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680389 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15720 on: September 01, 2018, 10:34:11 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

I'm keeping the Carlton up until I go back to work on Wednesday.  LOL 

Slept in for the morning, and have some things to do online, and then it's time to clean this apartment!  I also plan to do some cooking for advance meals for the week.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15721 on: September 01, 2018, 10:34:42 am »
:laugh:  I keep it to just one or two a summer. Always a small vanilla cone. The small vanilla cones are huge -- I can't imagine eating a large one.

I see the potential for some kind of joke there, but I'll just let you all make up your own.

I shall refrain!  ;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15722 on: September 04, 2018, 03:55:21 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

One more day off.  I'm gonna miss being off, but I have more vacation time next month, so I can't complain.

Met friends yesterday to just hang out and go antiquing, so that was fun!

Bowling starts tonight too, and tonight is my team's night to supply the music, so I spent today burning the CDs.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15723 on: September 04, 2018, 04:03:53 pm »
Whatever became of your angel in the leather jacket?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15724 on: September 04, 2018, 11:15:21 pm »
Oh, I still have him, Jeff!  I'll break him out again this week.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15725 on: September 05, 2018, 08:00:09 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

The leather jacket magic angel is back!

It was a busy day today, but I hit the ground running, and stayed an hour over, but I manged to get about 95% of my stuff done.  :)

There's something about a leather jacket, isn't there, Jeff?   I mention you because you had asked where my angel gif was.    A while ago, DC Comics redesigned Superboy, and gave him a leather jacket and gloves, I thought it was a pretty cool looking costume.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15726 on: September 05, 2018, 10:09:41 pm »
The leather jacket magic angel is back!

It's nice to see the leather jacket magic angel again, but I don't know what to make of the redesigned Superboy.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15727 on: September 06, 2018, 09:15:38 am »
A while ago, DC Comics redesigned Superboy, and gave him a leather jacket and gloves, I thought it was a pretty cool looking costume.

Is Superboy Superman as a boy, or a whole different person?

His costume is cool, but I'm not loving the haircut. It looks almost alt-right. I presume Superboy is pretty apolitical, though.

Which makes me wonder. I haven't read a comic book in years. Are there people of color in comic books these days? I don't just mean as the superheroes themselves, but as the ordinary citizens they save and whatnot?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15728 on: September 06, 2018, 06:40:49 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

The weekend is nearly here!  ;D

Today at work was slower than yesterday, so anything that I wasn't able to get done yesterday, got done today.  Stopped at the store on the way home, and got a few things needed, and made it home before the rains came!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15729 on: September 06, 2018, 06:52:42 pm »
It's nice to see the leather jacket magic angel again, but I don't know what to make of the redesigned Superboy.

I think the new design is pretty cool.  ;D

Is Superboy Superman as a boy, or a whole different person?

His costume is cool, but I'm not loving the haircut. It looks almost alt-right. I presume Superboy is pretty apolitical, though.

Which makes me wonder. I haven't read a comic book in years. Are there people of color in comic books these days? I don't just mean as the superheroes themselves, but as the ordinary citizens they save and whatnot?

as far as I know, Superboy is a clone of the original Superman.

as for people of color, yes there are people of color in the background, as well as secondary characters (aside from the heroes).

The first one to come to mind is Stevie Hunter.

Stevie is a former professional dancer, but an injury ended her dance career.  She became a dance teacher, and was teaching the newest X-man, Kitty Pryde as a student.

When villains came for Kitty, Stevie learned Kitty was an X-man, and became a close friend to Professor Xavier and his X-men.   She then began to teach his newest class of students, The New Mutants, using dance to help condition the students for battle.