Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8906666 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #1640 on: January 14, 2008, 04:55:34 pm »
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16279.new.html#new

Let the party begin...............      

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCKLES THE SERIAL TICKLER

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1641 on: January 14, 2008, 06:41:45 pm »
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16279.new.html#new

Let the party begin...............      

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCKLES THE SERIAL TICKLER

lmao!   Jan, first of all, thanks for the "Fab" video!

Also, thank you so much for my birthday thread!  I'm not going to comment on it until before I go to bed tomorrow.  That way, I can read them all at once, and thank everyone.  I'm afraid if I keep going back, I'll miss posts, and neglect to thank someone.

But I must say upfront, LOVED the Madonna clips, as well as Gary's video choice!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #1642 on: January 15, 2008, 01:29:09 am »
Happy Birthday, Chuck!!!
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1643 on: January 15, 2008, 07:34:45 am »
Happy Tuesday, BetterMost!!!!

Yes, today is my birthday, and I'll be running throughout the day, to check my bday thread, very excitedly!

But now, I'm not going to discuss my birthday.  I have something else I'd like to discuss.

Today is the also the birthday of a great, and important man.  His name is Martin Luther King Jr.  As a gay man, I could not be more honored to be born on the same date as someone who fought so hard for civil rights.

Martin Luther King Jr. was born on Jan. 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia.  His education included a docorate in Sociology, and a Bachelor of Divinity degree.

In December of 1955, Martin Luther King lead the Montgomery Bus Boycott after Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat to a white man.  Martin Luther was arrested himself, and had his house bombed.  His trial led to the Supreme Court decision that outlawed racial segregation on all public transportation.

He was able to bring hundreds of thousands of people together in non violent protests, believing he should follow the example of Mahatma Ghandi.  Martin Luther held many non violent marches and helped black people to get the right to vote, earned them desegregation, labor rights, and other basic civil rights.  These rights were enacted into law with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

In 1963, Martin Luther helped organize the March on Washington, which was held in an attempt to end to racial segregation in public school; create meaningful civil rights legislation, including a law prohibiting racial discrimination in employment; protection of civil rights workers from police brutality; a $2 minimum wage for all workers; and self-government for the District of Columbia, then governed by congressional committee.

It was here that Martin Luther gave his famous "I Have A Dream" speech, that is considered one of the best speeches in American history.

On April 4th, 1968, Martin Luther King was in Memphis, Tennesee to support striking black sanitary public works employees.  He was on the balcony of his hotel room when he was shot and killed.

Martin Luther King had won many awards, including The Marcus Garvey Prize for Human Rights, the American Liberties Medallion, and the Nobel Peace Prize.

King's wife, Coretta Scott King, picked up her husband's mantle after his death, and became a civil activist.  One issue that caused strain in the family was the gay rights issue.  Some of King's children believe he would've been opposed to it.  Coretta Scott had publicly stated that her husband would've supported gay rights issues.

In 1983, Ronald Reagan signed a bill creating a federal holiday to honor Martin Luther King on the 3rd Monday in January.

In 1986, the "King Dream Chorus & Holiday Crew" released the song "King Holiday" in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.  Some of the artist who performed on the song were El DeBarge, Fat Boys, Grandmaster Melle Mel, Whitney Houston, Kurtis Blow, Stacy Lattisaw, Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam with Full Force, Teena Marie, Menudo (with Ricky Martin), Stephanie Mills, New Edition, Run-D.M.C., James "J.T." Taylor, and Whodini.

Here is that video, check it out, and remember today is the day that a great man in American history was born.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGKW3O6EpMo&feature=related[/youtube]

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1644 on: January 15, 2008, 08:12:41 am »
Happy birthday/Tuesday, Chuck.

Hope your day is smooth!

Nice tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., a great man.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1645 on: January 15, 2008, 08:50:40 am »
[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HxZCawujcRI[/youtube]

I Have A Dream

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCK!!!

"1963 is not an end, but a begining."

Happy Birthday Chuck, and while I have nothing against Tony Curtis who I share a birthday with, it would be a wonderful thing to share a birthday with Dr. King. He was a great man. This world was lucky to have him for the short time it did.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1646 on: January 15, 2008, 09:46:58 am »

Happy Birthday Little Brother!! ;D
Love you!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1647 on: January 15, 2008, 10:32:39 am »
thank you everyone!

I just have to post that when I got to work, I found  my cubicle decorated.

;D

balloons, streamers, and a birthday banner!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1648 on: January 15, 2008, 11:10:00 am »
Happy Birthday, bud!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1649 on: January 15, 2008, 11:56:58 am »
I just have to post that when I got to work, I found  my cubicle decorated.

;D

balloons, streamers, and a birthday banner!

Cool!

Happy Birthday once again.   :)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?