Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8910460 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #1650 on: January 15, 2008, 07:35:30 pm »
And here's you a song:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Nz9B1XFio[/youtube]

Offline lil darlin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1651 on: January 15, 2008, 09:27:20 pm »
Wishing you the greatest of Happy Birthdays,
                       How wonderful to be remembered at work,..... with balloons even.!  I liked your special tribute to MLK.   Very good idea.  Hope you get to dance the night away in celebration of your day of birth.     From the dancing devil in SF.....    lil darlin, glory ;)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1652 on: January 15, 2008, 10:44:15 pm »
Gawd Chuck, thank you for these cds, I have been jaming out and washing and packing and freking all evening.

Tonight is the night.......
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1653 on: January 15, 2008, 10:58:16 pm »
Gawd Chuck, thank you for these cds, I have been jaming out and washing and packing and freking all evening.

Tonight is the night.......

How you doin'?

I'm soooooooo glad you like them!  You have NO IDEA how happy that makes me!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1654 on: January 15, 2008, 11:13:46 pm »
Chuck, I want to make sure you get this message, so I guess the best place is here.

Tonight I was able to see all the pics you posted from weekend in VA Cabin.  Don't know what was wrong yesterday.
Anyway, the pics are great -- I'm so glad to see them.

And you really did a good job with that Italian dinner.   8)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #1655 on: January 15, 2008, 11:27:11 pm »
Yes, today is my birthday, and I'll be running throughout the day, to check my bday thread, very excitedly!

But now, I'm not going to discuss my birthday.  I have something else I'd like to discuss.

Today is the also the birthday of a great, and important man.  His name is Martin Luther King Jr.  As a gay man, I could not be more honored to be born on the same date as someone who fought so hard for civil rights.

Chuck,

I don't think I have ever seen anyone anywhere do something like this on their own birthday. It says plenty about you as a man that you would post such a sincere, and personal message about someone whom you obviously hold in high esteem.

And another thing...do you have any idea how many white people I ever hear mention MLK and his accomplishments? Aside from school teachers and newscasters, I could probably count them on one hand. That makes you a rare person, Chuck. That tells me that you understand not only What MLK did, but how it rippled through society, changing America and the world.

You're good guy, Chuck. I hope to meet you in person someday.

Happy birthday,
Milo
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1656 on: January 16, 2008, 07:45:28 am »

Happy Humpday, BetterMost!!!!

I think I'm going to explode!  I've eaten so much cake yesterday!  Lmao!  The women I have lunch with gave me a small carrot cake, and another co worker gave me a small chocolate cake, and the day ended with all the coworkers together giving me a large cake.  It was a lot!

Thankfully, I'm joining a gym today!    :laugh:

Thanks Truman, Milo, Rich, Jack, Debbie, Jeff, Glory and Susie for the birthday wishes!

Chuck,

I don't think I have ever seen anyone anywhere do something like this on their own birthday. It says plenty about you as a man that you would post such a sincere, and personal message about someone whom you obviously hold in high esteem.

And another thing...do you have any idea how many white people I ever hear mention MLK and his accomplishments? Aside from school teachers and newscasters, I could probably count them on one hand. That makes you a rare person, Chuck. That tells me that you understand not only What MLK did, but how it rippled through society, changing America and the world.

You're good guy, Chuck. I hope to meet you in person someday.

Happy birthday,
Milo

Milo, I was in my teens when I began to research Martin Luther King Jr.  I knew I shared his birthday, but other than that, little else.  When the debate began to give him a holiday, that's when I really wanted to know more about him, and after seeing his accomplishments, I couldn't understand why there was debate at all.

I was very excited to share his birthday, and truly wish that he was still with us, inspiring us in person instead of through memories.

It is my hope that just like he looked to Ghandi, there are youths today looking to him for examples.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1657 on: January 16, 2008, 08:09:32 am »
Good morning, Chuck!!

It was sooooo cold in my house when I got up this morning! I turned the heat on!

So -- what's new for your new year? Ya joinin' a health club? Cool! Is it close to job or home? That makes it even better.

Have a fun Wednesday! Any leftover cake?  ::)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1658 on: January 16, 2008, 08:51:06 am »
Have a Nice Day.  ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit