Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8733992 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14920 on: March 21, 2017, 09:31:13 am »
Trump wants to make sure I do not overstay my welcome.  ;D

These days, you're lucky just to have a welcome.  :-\

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14921 on: March 28, 2017, 06:45:47 pm »
Evening Bettermost friends!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Some work  was done on the apartment, which meant people coming in,  so I was pushed into making sure the place was clean.

:laugh:

Sometimes you need that push.

Now, it's nice to come home and have to do anything!   Oh, and the windows are decorated for Easter too!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14922 on: March 30, 2017, 10:57:31 am »
Oh, and the windows are decorated for Easter too!

You are so good about that! I decorate a little bit for Christmas, of course, mainly in the form of a tree but with a few other little things.

On Halloween, I generally drag out the box of stuff at about 5 p.m., put up a few things in the front windows and on the door and that's about it. When my kids were little, we went much further -- I had them draw faces on ghosts made of Styrofoam balls covered with white cotton and hung them in a tree. I had them stuff clothes to make scarecrows wearing Halloween masks. I wove that spiderweb stuff on the porch rails. And of course we carved jack-o-lanterns.

On Mardi Gras, I dragged out the purple green and gold Mardi Gras lights, wrapped them around my dog and took a picture, then hung them in the front window.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14923 on: March 31, 2017, 09:24:06 pm »
On Mardi Gras, I dragged out the purple green and gold Mardi Gras lights, wrapped them around my dog and took a picture, then hung them in the front window.

You are the second person who I've heard of that decorates for mardi gras.

Just around the corner from my apartment is a house that has three matching windows in the front.   Each window has what I call a "light bag" in it.   They look like this.

For Christmas, the bags were red and green.  Valentine's Day they were red, and St. Patrick's Day they were green.  For the week of Mardi Gras, one bag was green, another purple and the last was yellow/gold.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14924 on: April 01, 2017, 11:24:12 am »
I wonder if my neighbors know why I do it.  ???

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14925 on: April 01, 2017, 08:41:17 pm »
The next time you talk  to them,  you should try to find a way t work it into conversation, just to see.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14926 on: April 02, 2017, 10:16:54 am »
The next time you talk  to them,  you should try to find a way t work it into conversation, just to see.

"So, how did you guys celebrate Mardi Gras? I hung up my purple green and gold lights and made jambalaya -- how about you?"

They would just give me a blank stare.  :laugh: :laugh:

Though I just made a new friend in the neighborhood who has been joining me occasionally when I walk my dog. She's originally from Jackson, Miss., so she would get it.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14927 on: April 03, 2017, 08:36:13 pm »
They would just give me a blank stare.  :laugh: :laugh:

lmao.  When someone does that to me, I look at them and say "You're staring at me with blank eyes."

I'm making my first meatloaf tonight.   I have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow, so I thought I'd try this recipe I found online, for mozzarella stuffed meatloaf.

I thought I should try it once on my own, before I serve it to someone.  LOL   *fingers crossed*

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14928 on: April 03, 2017, 10:39:30 pm »
I'm making my first meatloaf tonight.   I have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow, so I thought I'd try this recipe I found online, for mozzarella stuffed meatloaf.

I thought I should try it once on my own, before I serve it to someone.  LOL   *fingers crossed*

Yes. As far back as Emily Post the recommendation from responsible writers has been, Never try out a new recipe on guests.

I hope it turned out well for you. It sounds good!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14929 on: April 04, 2017, 11:31:05 am »
Yes, report back to us! I hope it was really good, since you had to eat it two nights in a row!  :laugh: