Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734510 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15050 on: August 10, 2017, 09:59:05 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

I continue to believe my car is psychic.  It knows I'm on vacation this week, so it decided to surprise me today with the "Service Engine Soon" light.   It was almost time for another oil change, so I just dropped the car off at the shop, had them do a new oil change, and had them look into the engine light.

Those damn lights can be scary. My and and I both have experiences with them. Sometimes the problem can be with the light instead of with the engine!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15051 on: August 10, 2017, 07:41:17 pm »
Those damn lights can be scary. My and and I both have experiences with them. Sometimes the problem can be with the light instead of with the engine!  :laugh:

Well, it was at the mechanic today, and was OK when I picked  it up,  (they changed the spark plugs and some coils) and now the stupid light is back on.  I have to run some errands  tomorrow, and then I can  bring  it back.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15052 on: August 10, 2017, 10:11:15 pm »

Does my brain move faster than I can type? Of course that was supposed to read "My dad and I both."  ::)

Well, it was at the mechanic today, and was OK when I picked  it up,  (they changed the spark plugs and some coils) and now the stupid light is back on.  I have to run some errands  tomorrow, and then I can  bring  it back.

I hope they really solve the problem for you. It's annoying when they don't fix it right the first time.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15053 on: August 11, 2017, 12:03:14 pm »
I hope they really solve the problem for you. It's annoying when they don't fix it right the first time.

Thanks!  I trust my mechanic, they do great work  there,  and are not bad price-wise.

To be honest,  when I picked up the car he told me the light may come  back  on.   He said the computer they hooked the car up to  showed three issues,  spark plugs, coils, and I forget what the third was.  He only fixed the spark plugs and coils because (according  to him) when those two  items are off, they can cause a "false positive" for the third item on the list, and he didn't want to do the work on it, and charge me for it, if it wasn't needed.

Being that the light came back on, I guess the third item is a true issue now, so the truck is going back.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15054 on: August 11, 2017, 12:33:45 pm »
Lee and Jeff and anyone else with an ailing parent, I highly recommend Atul Gawande's Being Mortal. I'm in the middle of reading it now. You know Atul Gawande from the New Yorker, I'm sure. The book is beautiful but it's also kind of depressing, as this subject tends to be.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15055 on: August 12, 2017, 06:34:40 pm »
Got the car back today, and it wasn't too expensive, and the light is off now.  :)

Saturday evening, and my "staycation" is almost over!   Oh well, all  good things come to an end!!!  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15056 on: August 17, 2017, 06:55:18 pm »
Iv'e just about made it through my first week  back after my "staycation".......just Friday to  get through, and I'm already looking forward to 5:00.

::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15057 on: August 17, 2017, 09:01:37 pm »
Got the car back today, and it wasn't too expensive, and the light is off now.  :)

Good news.  :)  How'd I miss this?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15058 on: August 18, 2017, 06:17:40 pm »
Because you've been busy with stuff going on in your life! 

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15059 on: August 22, 2017, 05:46:34 pm »
Hello!   *waves*

Hope everyone is doing well!   It's in the  90s here, but the humidity makes it feel like 100!