Author Topic: Divergent Dreams and Minnesota Dreams - by racchelle  (Read 27341 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Divergent Dreams and Minnesota Dreams - by racchelle
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 04:08:44 pm »

:D :D :D

Minnesota Dreaming was updated today with Chapter 18!!  Yeehaw!!

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/44154.html?view=543866#racchelle44154

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 07:26:51 pm »

:D :D :D

Minnesota Dreaming was updated today with Chapter 18!!  Yeehaw!!

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/44154.html?view=543866#racchelle44154

Thanks, Amanda!  I almost missed it!   :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 01:12:36 pm »
Chapter 19 is up ....

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/45690.html#cutid1

... but OMG.  It's a triple (at least) cliffhanger!  I hope the next update isn't too far off!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 05:30:16 pm »
Chapter 19 is up ....

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/45690.html#cutid1

... but OMG.  It's a triple (at least) cliffhanger!  I hope the next update isn't too far off!

Marie

**spoiler-ish**

Yikes!!!  This update was incredibly dramatic!  I didn't see the drama with Jack and Tyler coming at all. I did suspect that something troubling was going on with the girls for quite some time.  Poor Ennis to have this happening all at once.  It sounds like Jack is coming through the shooting pretty well (based on what the nurse said) so, I feel more optimistic about him than poor Tyler.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 09:44:14 pm »
Surprise!  Chapter 20 is up!  I haven't had a chance to read it yet - I'll probably re-read Chapter 19 first, although I remember the cliffhangers!

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/50629.html

This story is friends-locked now, btw, but you can asked to be friended here, if you aren't already:

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/50227.html

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 10:46:52 pm »
Surprise!  Chapter 20 is up!  I haven't had a chance to read it yet - I'll probably re-read Chapter 19 first, although I remember the cliffhangers!

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/50629.html

This story is friends-locked now, btw, but you can asked to be friended here, if you aren't already:

http://racchelle.livejournal.com/50227.html

Wow!!  What a nice surprise!

Where did you find the info about the update posted?  I don't see it listed on Brokebackslash?
The friends-locking development will hinder my ability to read this for a while.  Sigh.

retropian

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 09:01:40 pm »
What is this fanfic all about?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 12:17:35 am »
What is this fanfic all about?

Heya retropian!  This is a really nice story in two parts.  Divergent Dreams is first and Minnesota Dreams is second, and still in progress.  Divergent Dreams was started long, long ago.. I just checked, and the first chapter was posted in April of 2006.  I also just re-read the first chapter (I may re-read all of Divergent Dreams and Minnesota Dreaming actually, before I read the update).  And, it's really nice because it's filled with a lot of the enthusiasm of the very early, super excited Brokie days.

The summary is that Ennis inherits a ranch in Minnesota in the mid-1970s, and Jack and Ennis try to build a life together there.  I'd compare it to a fic like Human Interest/ Two Crows Joy, A Love Born From Steel, 48 Days/ Book of Dreams or any of the good, long fics that really focus on the intricacies of the relationship, details about domestic life and family dynamics (dealing with the children, ex-s etc.) involved in Jack and Ennis building a life together.

Honestly at this point I forget some of the details.  But, I've always really liked this story and get excited when it's updated.  

retropian

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 02:48:45 am »
Heya retropian!  This is a really nice story in two parts.  Divergent Dreams is first and Minnesota Dreams is second, and still in progress.  Divergent Dreams was started long, long ago.. I just checked, and the first chapter was posted in April of 2006.  I also just re-read the first chapter (I may re-read all of Divergent Dreams and Minnesota Dreaming actually, before I read the update).  And, it's really nice because it's filled with a lot of the enthusiasm of the very early, super excited Brokie days.

The summary is that Ennis inherits a ranch in Minnesota in the mid-1970s, and Jack and Ennis try to build a life together there.  I'd compare it to a fic like Human Interest/ Two Crows Joy, A Love Born From Steel, 48 Days/ Book of Dreams or any of the good, long fics that really focus on the intricacies of the relationship, details about domestic life and family dynamics (dealing with the children, ex-s etc.) involved in Jack and Ennis building a life together.

Honestly at this point I forget some of the details.  But, I've always really liked this story and get excited when it's updated.  

Cool, I'll have to give it a go. I've read and really enjoyed Human Interest/Two Crows Joy, but I haven't read any of the others you mention. I guess I'll have to read them all now!
Ian

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 07:25:32 am »
Wow!!  What a nice surprise!

Where did you find the info about the update posted?  I don't see it listed on Brokebackslash?
The friends-locking development will hinder my ability to read this for a while.  Sigh.

Hey, Amanda!  The update came up on my friends page.  I think she posted a notice about friends locking way back at the beginning of the year, but don't remember if that was on Brokebackslash or not.  I'm guessing it was b/c otherwise I don't think I would've seen it.  In any case, I hope you're friended quickly so you can keep reading!  (And I hope it's not quite so long before the next chapter is posted!)  :)