Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 16160 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Gay Marriage
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 10:05:00 am »
Thanks tampatalon!

I suppose that gay guys are more either afraid or do not know that much if not at all about gay marriages??

I know, that recently, when I talked with another gay guy about gay marriages, he said that it is better to live alone!!  He repeated that often. I could not nor now understand him. Some gay guys like to live alone?
As a must somehow to live alone?

Guess much need to be done to educate about the values of gay marriages?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 10:22:01 am »
Thanks tampatalon!

I suppose that gay guys are more either afraid or do not know that much if not at all about gay marriages??

I know, that recently, when I talked with another gay guy about gay marriages, he said that it is better to live alone!!  He repeated that often. I could not nor now understand him. Some gay guys like to live alone?
As a must somehow to live alone?

Guess much need to be done to educate about the values of gay marriages?

Hugs!

D.L. and I have separate residences. I wouldn't have it any other way. We see each other frequently, but he has his own house. I think that men and women do approach the concept of marriage differently. And men think differently about marriage at different stages of their lives. I want to eventuall marry D.L., I want the legal protection that marriage will grant in regard to any number of issues. D.L. has no interest in that type of ceremony or legality now. He will as he grows older though. But, I know men my age and older who do not agree with me at all on this. They strongly support Same Sex marriage, but do not desire to marry a partner at this time.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 07:17:54 pm »
D.L. and I have separate residences. I wouldn't have it any other way. We see each other frequently, but he has his own house. I think that men and women do approach the concept of marriage differently. And men think differently about marriage at different stages of their lives. I want to eventuall marry D.L., I want the legal protection that marriage will grant in regard to any number of issues. D.L. has no interest in that type of ceremony or legality now. He will as he grows older though. But, I know men my age and older who do not agree with me at all on this. They strongly support Same Sex marriage, but do not desire to marry a partner at this time. 

Wow, thanks brokeplex! So, will same sex marriages be more popular among young gay men?

Guess that you hope to get married! I pray that you will... as you like!

You feel that I will too?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2007, 01:50:21 pm »

Wow, thanks brokeplex! So, will same sex marriages be more popular among young gay men?

Guess that you hope to get married! I pray that you will... as you like!

You feel that I will too?

Hugs!

I'm not sure about the eventual popularity of marriage between men. But,I think that we are all fighting for the option right now. That is the most important thing, that society recognize the equality in our relationships. The actual implementation later on is anybody's guess. I suspect that many gay men both young, middle aged and older will opt for a marriage,some will not. I think we see parallels in the straight community right now. Some couples marry, others don't.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2007, 03:07:08 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

You say this: I'm not sure about the eventual popularity of marriage between men. But,I think that we are all fighting for the option right now. That is the most important thing, that society recognize the equality in our relationships. The actual implementation later on is anybody's guess. I suspect that many gay men both young, middle aged and older will opt for a marriage,some will not. I think we see parallels in the straight community right now. Some couples marry, others don't.

I am perplexed about gay marriage too... as some are. However, I am learning about it. Even leaning towards it. I am all for pro gay marriage for persons who desire it! And get it!!

It must become an option as you say! We, gay men, need such freedom too; otherwise, our human and civil rights are not or not much respected, as in the hospitals, governments, societies, etc. !!

Yes, indeed some straights marry (I had written merry) women, some do not! Likewise, some gays will marry another gay man, while another will not! At least, that will be a choice  between two gay persons!! Right?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2007, 03:54:33 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

You say this: I'm not sure about the eventual popularity of marriage between men. But,I think that we are all fighting for the option right now. That is the most important thing, that society recognize the equality in our relationships. The actual implementation later on is anybody's guess. I suspect that many gay men both young, middle aged and older will opt for a marriage,some will not. I think we see parallels in the straight community right now. Some couples marry, others don't.

I am perplexed about gay marriage too... as some are. However, I am learning about it. Even leaning towards it. I am all for pro gay marriage for persons who desire it! And get it!!

It must become an option as you say! We, gay men, need such freedom too; otherwise, our human and civil rights are not or not much respected, as in the hospitals, governments, societies, etc. !!

Yes, indeed some straights marry (I had written merry) women, some do not! Likewise, some gays will marry another gay man, while another will not! At least, that will be a choice  between two gay persons!! Right?

Hugs!

Exactly, as human beings we deserve the option, we deserve the choice!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2007, 11:22:38 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

As you say, we, gay men, deserve the choice if one wants to get into a gay marriage!!

So do such women, may I add!!

Inorder for that to be considered, we need maybe to know more about it?

Hugs!

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2007, 01:07:55 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

As you say, we, gay men, deserve the choice if one wants to get into a gay marriage!!

So do such women, may I add!!

Inorder for that to be considered, we need maybe to know more about it?

Hugs!

Artiste, For those interested as to what is going on with gay marriage and other gay rights issues,
www.hrc.org has good information on national news and a blow by blow (pardon da pun) on each state.HRC is quite an excellant reference and it also has ways to get involved.

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2007, 08:22:28 pm »
Thanks tampatalon!

Happy that you cite that site: www.hrc.org

Any others?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 04:49:39 pm »
Did anyone find talks about gay marriages, in these pre-elections?

Democrates, Republicans, others parties???

Au revoir,
hugs!