Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 16106 times)

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Gay Marriage
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2008, 02:29:07 pm »
Did anyone find talks about gay marriages, in these pre-elections?

Democrates, Republicans, others parties???

Jon Corzine Will Sign Gay-Marriage Bill, But Won't Give Republicans a Talking Point

Governor Jon Corzine of New Jersey is frustrating gay activists because he is hesitant to get moving on a bill to change the state's civil-unions policy to one of flat-out marriage equality. After a report was released yesterday that says civil unions in the state are not equal to marriages, the state legislature is under pressure to change the law. Civil unions have been allowed since 2006 in New Jersey after the State Supreme Court ruled that gay couples should receive the same legal rights and protections as married straight couples.

Full story here.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/02/jon_corzine_will_sign_gay_marr.html

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2008, 02:41:26 pm »
Thanks very much CellarDwellar!

What does that mean?

That he will put it through as a law no matter at what cost as to increase civil law for gays?

Am I reading this right?

Is he gay, do you know?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2008, 07:27:00 pm »

Jon Corzine Will Sign Gay-Marriage Bill, But Won't Give Republicans a Talking Point

Governor Jon Corzine of New Jersey is frustrating gay activists because he is hesitant to get moving on a bill to change the state's civil-unions policy to one of flat-out marriage equality. After a report was released yesterday that says civil unions in the state are not equal to marriages, the state legislature is under pressure to change the law. Civil unions have been allowed since 2006 in New Jersey after the State Supreme Court ruled that gay couples should receive the same legal rights and protections as married straight couples.

Full story here.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/02/jon_corzine_will_sign_gay_marr.html

interesting points made in the article, I'm not so sure that McCain would make a marriage a major wedge issue in the fall campaign.

but the article  implies something that I noticed looking at state polls on Politico. NJ may be up for grabs for either the Repubs or the Dems in the fall. Now this is a major development, as NJ has long been a reliable Demo state in Presidential election.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2008, 08:52:07 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

What does McCain say about gays?

Did?

Clearly would do if elected?

You know?

Hugs!