Author Topic: Is it the same jacket?  (Read 7550 times)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Re: Is it the same jacket?
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 12:30:57 pm »
In that lake scene if you look it was made from at least two takes, Ennis's arm changes position as he drops down.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

mvansand76

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 01:01:03 pm »
Well, he kept it for 15 years -- I've had clothes that long too. I'm more like Ennis than Jack in the $$ department -- especially since I got divorced. He was making child support payments, and that jacket was good enough. Bless his heart, too.

Melissa, your new avatar is very cute!

Aaaw thank you Shasta!  :-*

Yes, I agree, when a piece of clothing is made well, it can last for years and years. Things that you buy nowadays sometimes only last one season!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 01:02:06 pm »
In that lake scene if you look it was made from at least two takes, Ennis's arm changes position as he drops down.

Hey Mark! So good to see you here again. I've missed ya, bud :).

I never noticed the different takes. Something to look for the next time I watch it. Nah, I think I'd better check the scene alone. When I watch the whole movie, I'm still a total basket case at this point  :'(

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 03:34:43 pm »

I bought a Lee jeans jacket this year and I think that will last at least 20 years if I don't lose it somewhere. I have a leather jacket that I have had for 10 years, so this thing with Ennis wearing the same jacket is not that weird now that I come to think about it... :D