Author Topic: "People of Bettermost" Calendar  (Read 66642 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: "Men of Bettermost" Calendar
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2007, 04:40:55 pm »
Good idea! Any I also like the idea of a calendar does from the photos of the get togethers. That would be fun.

(Sends Milli a pm)

Got the PM, Truman.

Wow, didn't realize that this Calendar Project was serious ... I thought you lads were just having a laugh.  8)
I will be willing to help.  Keep me posted.  :)

~M

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2007, 06:22:05 pm »
Technical stuff to remember: images for a printed piece must be hi-res (at least 300 dpi for offset printing, and at least 150 dpi for "instant" color printing like at Kinko's.  Not 72 dpi as for onscreen jpegs.)

So if Milli or someone is doing this, send her hi-res images!!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2007, 06:51:59 pm »
Ummm.....*about to put possible black cloud over the event*

Like I said in a previous post, the members of another site where I modded tried to do this (I was also asked to model) and the admin came into the convo.  He had these points to make.

#1.  If the calendar sales are to support the site, it should state that somewhere on the calendar.

#2.  The website's address and name should be displayed somewhere on the calendar.

#3.  Most important.  To legally protect the site (in this case, BetterMost) all the men who submit images MUST ALSO SUBMIT A WAIVER stating they give BetterMost permission to use their image for the calendar, and understand that any monies that are collected are going to the support of the website, and that they will not take any actions (legal or otherwise) against BetterMost.

Perhaps someone with some legal expertise can have some imput here.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2007, 08:35:53 pm »
Ummm.....*about to put possible black cloud over the event*

Like I said in a previous post, the members of another site where I modded tried to do this (I was also asked to model) and the admin came into the convo.  He had these points to make.

#1.  If the calendar sales are to support the site, it should state that somewhere on the calendar.

#2.  The website's address and name should be displayed somewhere on the calendar.

#3.  Most important.  To legally protect the site (in this case, BetterMost) all the men who submit images MUST ALSO SUBMIT A WAIVER stating they give BetterMost permission to use their image for the calendar, and understand that any monies that are collected are going to the support of the website, and that they will not take any actions (legal or otherwise) against BetterMost.

Perhaps someone with some legal expertise can have some imput here.
Are we talking about just our Bettermost family or are we talking about selling it elsewhere?
If it is just for us thats one thing but to the general public? Oh Lord!  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2007, 08:55:00 pm »
I can't really see there being enough interest within the site to make it financially feisable, and outside the site not much reason for it to be noticed.

Perhaps, let me put this forward, a mockup could be done on a pdf and members could req. it be sent to them via email and they could print it out themselves. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2007, 09:09:31 pm »

I want one..and would be happy to even help select the pics..  \
       Oh Scott glad you put your white shirt pic up again...its so handsome...
        And Jeff we have a great pic of you already...so stop shying away...
        We have tons of great guys here to have a calendar made from....yes sir..

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2007, 09:37:41 pm »
I can't really see there being enough interest within the site to make it financially feisable, and outside the site not much reason for it to be noticed.

Perhaps, let me put this forward, a mockup could be done on a pdf and members could req. it be sent to them via email and they could print it out themselves. 
Thats a great idea!
You're a real thinker there brother  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2007, 11:54:22 am »
So, is this the kinda stuff you were looking for, for the calendar?   ;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2007, 12:26:27 pm »
Holy cow, Truman!  I didn't know you'd already started a thread!  It sure is a fun idea.  I've got shots from our various get togethers put together as a screen saver for my laptop - sometimes when I wake up I'm treated to my Bettermost friends!!  This morning was Lisa and Chris in Denver.

Wonder if we should ask Phillip what he thinks?  I'll send him a link to this thread.

Lynne
 8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2007, 12:57:19 pm »
Yeah, that's nice. A keeper. I will see if I can come up with something.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."