Author Topic: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2  (Read 26405 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2
« on: October 19, 2007, 11:32:01 am »
I wonder if this is true.

Heath for Brokeback Mountain 2?

Have you ever wondered what happened to Brokeback Mountain's closeted Ennis Del Mar after the heartbreaking loss of his lover Jack Twist? Wonder no more: A sequel is in the works!

Although we won't be seeing hi spal Jake Gyllenhaal, 26, Heath Ledger, 28, is currently in negotiations to reprise his role as Ennis. "It will follow the nasty process of being openly gay in 1963 Wyoming, an insider tells OK!. "Ennis will finally come out of the closet."

We hope the Ennis realizes he's in the wrong profession: He could be the cowboy from the Village People. He's got the outfit already, hasn't he?

http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/2073
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:37:16 am »
Natali, that sounds like total nonsense.   :-\

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:44:12 am »
Isn't OK! the British or other version of The National Enquirer.. ???  Pretty sure a completely unreliable source - at least one can hope it's nonsense.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline opinionista

Re: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2!!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 11:44:38 am »
Natali, that sounds like total nonsense.   :-\

Probably, but I thought it was worth posting the information anyway.  :D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 11:52:24 am »
OK! may unreliable, but I don't see why the idea is so nonsensical. Many of us here have read a very well written and plausible fanfic that is based on the scenario of Ennis moving on after Jack's death. We even casted it. Why wouldn't Heath be interested in BBM 2?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 11:56:37 am »
OK! may unreliable, but I don't see why the idea is so nonsensical. Many of us here have read a very well written and plausible fanfic that is based on the scenario of Ennis moving on after Jack's death. We even casted it. Why wouldn't Heath be interested in BBM 2?

L

Sure enough, Leslie.  I guess I'm saying that I wouldn't personally want to see a sequel for numerous reasons.  Sequels are notoriously bad.  And the ONLY people in whose hands I would trust it would be the original screenwriters and Ang Lee.  Since I can't see all that coming together twice in one lifetime, for me it would fall short of the sublime achieved the first time around.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline opinionista

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 11:59:39 am »
Sequels are notoriously bad. 

Not always. The Godfather is an example of good sequels. Both are very good films.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 12:03:09 pm »
Sure enough, Leslie.  I guess I'm saying that I wouldn't personally want to see a sequel for numerous reasons.  Sequels are notoriously bad.  And the ONLY people in whose hands I would trust it would be the original screenwriters and Ang Lee.  Since I can't see all that coming together twice in one lifetime, for me it would fall short of the sublime achieved the first time around.

I see Natali just commented on the Godfather and the Godfather Part 2, which I was going to do. I also think that each of the Harry Potter movies does well on its own, as a standalone. And that's how I would envision this--not BBM2, but a new story, revolving around Ennis Del Mar and what happens in his life after Jack dies.

Annie Proulx has said she will write nothing more on BBM, but Diana Ossana and Larry McMurtry have never made such a statement (to my knowledge). So maybe the original screenwriters are involved in this project, if there is a project that is!

I'm of the mind to never say never...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 12:12:18 pm »
Tell you what, I don't think I want a sequel, even from McMurty, Osana, and Lee.

I would probably not be satisfied with it, no way, no how. Why? Because I'm so set in my own mind what happens after Jack's death. I've finished the story myself.

I'm just going off my own feelings of never really being completely happy with The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi because I wasn't happy with where Lucas et al. took that story.

And here's a theoretical question: Are the successive Harry Potter movies really "sequels"? Aren't they each based on separate books? Just occcurs to me to wonder about this because Leslie mentions that they each stand well on their own. I've never seen any of them--or read any of the Potter books. They hold no interest for me.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 12:18:37 pm »
It would be  a disaster.  Can't believe Heath wouldn't want to move on with his career.  Do they even make sequels to these sort of genres, i.e. a love story being used as social commentary.  It made an excellent statement the way it ended. A sequel would take away from that.

Don't do it Ennis!  Don't do it!