Author Topic: Thoughts on Current TV Shows  (Read 43484 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Thoughts on Current TV Shows
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 09:35:10 am »
I saw your big brother tread but since I dont get the US version I didn't comment - your big brother works differently from ours I'm sure.. our big brother is purely audience vote only based on the 2 people with the most nominations each week.

In yours they can win ammunity and stuff yes? That's what POV is?

This year i have watched about 2 hours of our big brother - I missed the opening night and the first few episodes after that and just ddnt know who anyone was! So just didn't connect at the satrt.. i ahve to say Ive read a lot more books that way!!

Yes your Big Brother is definitely different than ours. I don't think I would like yours as much since the audience vote would knock out some of the social interaction I like. POV (Power of Veto) happens after two people are put up on the block by the HOH (Head of Household). Also, remember that sometimes one of the people put up in not necessarily someone the HOH wants to get rid of. They are instead a pawn although sometimes that does not work well and they get voted out anyway. So after the two people are put up on the block there is a competition of some type. The person who wins that competition gets POV. That means they can choose to keep one of the two people who have been put up for eviction. Sometimes one of the two people who have been put up wins POV and takes themselves off such as Jeff did. When someone is taken off the HOH then picks someone else to be on the block for possible eviction. This is where the backdooring of someone often happens since that person they really want to get rid of is thrown up on the block and evicted. This is what I hope happens to Ronnie tonight. Anyway, after this, the household members vote for who they want to be evicted from the house. The next step is the HOH competition where a new HOH is chosen. The present HOH cannot compete or win the HOH two times in a row.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 10:14:31 am »
v complicated!!!  :P
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009, 01:36:59 pm »
v complicated!!!  :P

It's a great show though. It's kind of like The Amazing Race and Survivor in that you have to watch it to like it. You then get tangled up in it once you know the people. I didn't really watch it closely at all until last summer which was Big Brother 10. By the way, the people in the house are constantly being watched by the cameras, 24/7. They basically cannot do anything without being watched and filmed. For the people who are really into it they can subscribe to the 24 hour live feeds. Also, Showtime shows Big Brother After Dark which lasts for 3 hours every night. I just watch what CBS shows and every once in awhile I will tune in to Showtime for a little while. Unlike The Amazing Race and Survivor, Big Brother is being filmed live.