Author Topic: How Do You Feel About Circumcision?  (Read 42664 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: How Do You Feel About Circumcision?
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2007, 02:46:49 pm »
Well, my two cents here.

Never been with a man or seen a real life man (naked!) that was circumsized. And never had a huge problem with hygiene/taste!

And never ever heard of many issues of teaching your child how to clean properly!

It's a very US thing me thinks - and I really dont see the point of it!!

Think how much money could be saved in hospitals in the US if there was no circumsision - perhaps thats why the UK doesn't do it... too expensive on the NHS!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2007, 08:10:34 am »

I think it was Mick Jagger who once said, "The sexiest thing a woman can wear is dirt."   :-\

I don't believe he was talking about the dirt under her fingernails.  ;)

There's a lid for every jar.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Circumcision At Issue in Custody Battle
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2007, 12:57:39 am »
I saw this article in the NY Times today, where parents are battling over the custodial parent's right to have his 12-year-old son circumcised; the noncustodial mother is contesting it.  I would think that if the child is already 12 years old, it could be delayed until he's an adult and make his own decision...As I think I've already said, this procedure on an adolescent or an adult is a much bigger deal than when performed on an infant.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Circumcision-Dispute.html?ex=1195102800&en=936ca5c24cb2f645&ei=5070&emc=eta1
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2007, 11:08:36 am »
I don't watch "Desperate Housewives," but I saw a little clip on TV yesterday from a recent or upcoming episode in which a couple was arguing at a dinner party about circumcision. The man was arguing that it's unnatural, the woman (the red-haired housewife; I don't know her name) argued that it promotes good hygiene. The writers of that show must have been reading this thread!  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2007, 11:34:01 am »
Hey, no fair having this great poll while I was gone on vacation and then locking it! But I'll weigh in anyway. I'm no medical expert, but I read recently that circumcision removes much of the most sensitive skin and nerve endings that contribute to pleasurable feelings and leave a guy practically numb! I believe this whole hygeine issue is a smokescreen for what circumcision really is. It is the same as circumcision in baby girls: denying them lifelong sexual pleasure.

My son was just hours old when he was ripped away from my breast and taken to be circumcised and I wasn't allowed to watch or be there to comfort him. I will never get over that even though I know my son doesn't even remember it.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2007, 11:41:22 am »
I read recently that circumcision removes much of the most sensitive skin and nerve endings that contribute to pleasurable feelings and leave a guy practically numb!

Though to be fair, the circumcised guys I've ... uh ... been with did not appear to be numb.

Scott6373

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2007, 12:10:01 pm »
Again I say...I feel fine about my circumcision...perhaps I would have used a different stitch, but all in all, it looks fine...feels fine... ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2007, 12:30:54 pm »
Hey, no fair having this great poll while I was gone on vacation and then locking it! But I'll weigh in anyway. I'm no medical expert, but I read recently that circumcision removes much of the most sensitive skin and nerve endings that contribute to pleasurable feelings and leave a guy practically numb! I believe this whole hygeine issue is a smokescreen for what circumcision really is. It is the same as circumcision in baby girls: denying them lifelong sexual pleasure.

Well, obviously, I have no way of comparing, but I think this "circumcision denies males sexual pleasure" business is baloney. I have my reasons for thinking this. I will not elaborate.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2007, 12:59:40 am »
It is the same as circumcision in baby girls

I'm with you, Lee! 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2007, 01:32:10 am »
I'm with you, Lee! 

Most cultures that practice female circumcision do it on older girls, not infants. But there are other differences.

Female circumcision definitely does generally deny girls lifelong sexual pleasure, literally and almost totally -- in fact, that is largely its purpose. It also inhibits all sorts of normal genital functioning. The procedure can cause severe bleeding, shock, death, infection. The consequences can include pain during sexual intercourse, lifelong problems with urination and menstruation, birth complications often leading fatalities. In some cases it leaves an opening the size of a straw; the husband upon marriage is given a knife to cut it open, and the opening is sewn up again if he is going to be away for a while. Female genital cutting is considered a human rights violation, is opposed by Amnesty International and other human-rights groups, is outlawed in many countries including the U.S. as well as some in which it is traditionally practiced, and in the U.S. is considered a valid basis for granting refugee status.

I don't think it's fair to compare female "cirumcision" -- better known as mutilation or female genital cutting -- with male circumcision. Males who are circumcised do not seem to feel similarly sexually deprived, nor are other functions impeded. It has no larger negative health consequences. In fact, whether one believes this is a valid basis for circumcision or not, studies do suggest some health benefits.

Lee, if you compare what was done to your son to female circumcision, I think you may be suffering more than you need to.