Author Topic: Ghosts, do you believe?  (Read 9919 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Ghosts, do you believe?
« on: October 28, 2007, 06:31:59 pm »

Do you believe?

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Ghosts, do you believe?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 07:45:34 pm »
I could have sworn we already had an open thread on this from last year..don't we  ???

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 08:34:40 pm »
I made my choice!  i believe there could possibly be ghosts if thats what you want to call them.  I believe I've felt the presence of the deceased in my midsts.  Not really something you can see, but you know they are there.. OH YEAH.  I KNOW that people see dead people when they are dying.   My mom called out to some dead relatives as if they were there.  I believe they were coming to get her to take her to the other side. 

I felt my Dad letting go of life by letting me know through a song playing on the radio as I drove home from work.. Not sure of the name of the song, but most of you know it.  "Give me the beat boys to free my soul.  I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away.." 

When I walked through the door of my house the phone rang.  Bob answered I said its for me, the phone is for me.  It was Ash telling me to come there not tomorrow now, I said we're leaving now.  We were at Dad's house in less then an hour.. He died that night.

Then I felt his presence with me for months afterwards.. Guys IM NOT CRAZY.  Same thing happened to me with when my Grandpop died.  I could feel his presence.  So on and so forth with all my dearly beloved relatives who passed away..  Gram, Mom.  I believe when one life ends an new one begins.  It can take the form of a new baby or a change in someones life.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:22:07 pm »
Absolutely I believe!

I've even had a few of those pesky ectoplasmic critters in my house. But I think most ghosts are quite friendly.

Remember: Ghosts were people too!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 10:32:43 pm »
I made my choice!  i believe there could possibly be ghosts if thats what you want to call them.  I believe I've felt the presence of the deceased in my midsts.  Not really something you can see, but you know they are there.. OH YEAH.  I KNOW that people see dead people when they are dying.   My mom called out to some dead relatives as if they were there.  I believe they were coming to get her to take her to the other side. 

I felt my Dad letting go of life by letting me know through a song playing on the radio as I drove home from work.. Not sure of the name of the song, but most of you know it.  "Give me the beat boys to free my soul.  I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away.." 

When I walked through the door of my house the phone rang.  Bob answered I said its for me, the phone is for me.  It was Ash telling me to come there not tomorrow now, I said we're leaving now.  We were at Dad's house in less then an hour.. He died that night.

Then I felt his presence with me for months afterwards.. Guys IM NOT CRAZY.  Same thing happened to me with when my Grandpop died.  I could feel his presence.  So on and so forth with all my dearly beloved relatives who passed away..  Gram, Mom.  I believe when one life ends an new one begins.  It can take the form of a new baby or a change in someones life.

What you said really made me think of my Mom. We lost her to leukemia in 2003. Just as the doctor walked into the hospital room to verify her death, the Brahams Lullaby played over the hospital speakers announcing a baby had just been born.

Life goes on.  :)

Also, as I arrived back home from the hospital the day she died, there was a large feather laying on my back deck. My Mother was Lakota Sioux, and she always told me spirits will leave a feather when they visit. Now, one might be tempted to think this feather was simply left by a bird on my deck. However, I've never seen any birds around here sporting feathers like this. It's about 4-5 inches in length, and yellow. To this day, I think my Mother left it there for me.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 10:43:29 pm »
That's a beautiful story David  :-*  I hope you've kept it safe ... under your pillow perhaps!

Susie    :-*

Hi Susie!  :D

Yes, I kept the feather and it's very safe. I've shown it to some people but nobody knows what kind of bird it came from. It's a very unusual feather; especially for the Midwest.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 11:14:46 pm »
Perhaps you should post a picture of it ... maybe someone here can identify it for you!

Susie  :D

That's a good idea Susie. I'll take a picture of it and I'll post it in my blog. Maybe someone will know what kind of bird it came from.  :)

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 01:33:31 am »
Absolutely positively YES I believe.  I've heard things and  seen one  :o  once... and I swear I have been touched by something unseen twice in my life.

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 01:43:02 am »
I could have sworn we already had an open thread on this from last year..don't we  ???

I started a ghost thread about a year ago, but I'm all in favor of creating a new one! The old ghost thread has been buried in the dust. Maybe we can get some new and fresh responses in this ghost thread!  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 01:45:04 am »
Absolutely positively YES I believe.  I've heard things and  seen one  :o  once... and I swear I have been touched by something unseen twice in my life.

I can handle seeing something, but the touching part is the WORST!! This has happened to me too, Dottie. It's a very creepy feeling, isn't it?  :P