Author Topic: Cringe Worthy - Movies, TV Shows or Just Scenes That Made You Squirm!  (Read 8203 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Cringe Worthy - Movies, TV Shows or Just Scenes That Made You Squirm!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 01:05:50 am »
I would say 99% of all reality TV shows are unbearable as far as I am concerned.  8)

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 02:55:01 pm »
During the final season of Deadwood, there was  a fight that went on between two men for quite some time.  At one point, one fellow manages to dislodge the other's eyeball!     :-X
I jumped out of my chair.    yeesh!!!!!
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 04:14:35 pm »
The only movie I ever walked out of was "Trainspotting," which was about drug addicts in Scotland.  I have memories of filthy apartments, someone diving down a dirty toilet in an incredibly loathesome public bathroom, a dead baby.  Couldn't take it!  :P

Speaking of reality shows, the most cringeworthy to me are the ones where women compete for the favors of a bachelor or a wealthy guy.  Oh the degradation!  Even beauty pageants, those meat markets disguised as scholarship competitions, have more class than these sad shows.  :P

I agree 100% Meryl...I loathe those shows...so much manufactured angst.  So much trashy behavior....I watched one
of the bachelor segments early on,, yuk,,,they have a new one on about some trash heap of a girl, and both guys and girls
are competing for her....MY ONLY QUESTION IS                      WHY??????????????????

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 02:20:22 pm »
  Even beauty pageants, those meat markets disguised as scholarship competitions, have more class than these sad shows.  :P

Speaking of beauty pageants...

I really enjoyed the movie: Little Miss Sunshine.  The only part that left me uncomfortable in my seat was the beauty pageant portion with the little girls - mainly because I think that beauty pageants with little children as participants should be banned entirely.   It was so unsettling to see all those little girls in so much make-up and those outrageous costumes.  Not to mention watching parents insult other peoples' children right in front of their own.   :-\

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 02:51:11 pm »
The Office always makes me cringe -- but in a good way!   ;D Cringe-inducing humor in that case is funny.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 03:12:39 pm »
I can't stand laugh tracks, either. 

I like how The Office has no laugh track.

BTW, I believe All in the Family was filmed in front of a live audience.