Author Topic: When is it too late to still have Holiday decorations up?  (Read 116801 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: When is it too late to still have Holiday decorations up?
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:25 am »
Et bonjour à toi aussi    brokebackjack                !

I placed my Snowman outside for all to see weeks ago !

Before or after Halloween ?

Did you notice that some stores had Christmas decorations and items before Halloween ?

Au revoir stud,
Artiste  Have your heard about the new movie which will be coming soon titled: Ciao, eh brokebackjack ?
Guess which image is from it ?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2008, 01:05:12 pm »
It's nice to be back here. The first step is the first post. THAT'S the hard one. You just get into the habit of not showing up. I've lost contact with a lot of people I care about and that just sucks, my fellow bettermostians...

I just stopped going online....kept meaning to come back but didn't. I meant what I said, about getting into the habit of not showing up. You simply DON'T and start thinking the Spirit of Brokeback is over when it isn't. It's inside of us and should be nurtured, treasured for what it is.

And then when I had the accident and was  injured so badly , I just didn't know what to say...until now. I haven't even seen the Denver Brokies much and that sucks. I even have mail in my BM box that's never been looked at and I am oh so sorry for that.

It's nice to be here, I miss Brokeback soooo much and miss talking with you all a great deal. Brokies understand each other; insofar as you can make a general statement about ANYthing, I've always believed Brokies have the same heart.

A hug from my heart to yours.

Hugs backatcha, Jack!  It's good to see you back.  Pull up a log and stick a boot in the fire!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2008, 03:55:35 pm »
If they're still up outside the house, BUT NO LONGER LIT and the weather is ,you can get away with it for a while.

But if you still have Santa dancing on the lawn in late january anywhere but Denver, Colorado--where the EXTERIOUR DECORATIONS are kept lit through the month of January to celebrate the National West Stock Show-- it looks ridiculous.

The exteriour lights are supposed to go off on the Feast of the Epiphany. Epiphany has always been the traditional end of the Christmas Season. We will probably leave the outside lights lit for Stock Show, but take off bows and ribbons.

I'm going to try to do a Brokeback Scene outside. Two cowboys around a campfire with a bear and 2 elk>>>for which you can read one of those brightly lit deer LOL they sell @ home depot.

That's the PLAN at any rate....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's nice to be back here. The first step is the first post. THAT'S the hard one. You just get into the habit of not showing up. I've lost contact with a lot of people I care about and that just sucks, my fellow bettermostians...

I just stopped going online....kept meaning to come back but didn't. I meant what I said, about getting into the habit of not showing up. You simply DON'T and start thinking the Spirit of Brokeback is over when it isn't. It's inside of us and should be nurtured, treasured for what it is.

And then when I had the accident and was  injured so badly , I just didn't know what to say...until now. I haven't even seen the Denver Brokies much and that sucks. I even have mail in my BM box that's never been looked at and I am oh so sorry for that.

It's nice to be here, I miss Brokeback soooo much and miss talking with you all a great deal. Brokies understand each other; insofar as you can make a general statement about ANYthing, I've always believed Brokies have the same heart.

A hug from my heart to yours

AND BONJOUR, ARTISTE!!!

Hey there Friend!!!  It's so great to see you back online!!  Folks have certainly missed you around here.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Artiste

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2008, 07:37:43 pm »
Et...

hugs galore to you !

Did you hear about the movie titled: Ciao which seems to be a great gay one ?

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2008, 02:20:18 am »
Hi artiste! Hi Meryl! Hi atz!

nice to be back. hey what are the active threads these days??And more important how are you all? Whats been going on?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a possible Brokie gathering going on out here in Denver next June; During the Pride weekend the Esquire--a cool art-film theater--is showing BBM two days in a row FOR THEIR WEEKLY Friday and Saturday MIDNIGHT MOVIE.  They're going to work with Rodney and have a display featuring the many film props from his collection.

The esquire is a very cool theater. The midnight manager had wanted to sow BBM THIS year but decided against it...because the theater wasn't willing to even APPEAR as if they were cashing in on or exploiting Heath's death. These days something like that is unfortunately exceptional; I think all Brokies anywhere will respect how the staff at the Esquire felt, and how they BEHAVED. It had quiet class.

I f you dress as a character from any of the films they show at Midnight you get free passes, too. There will be a LOT of cowboys, methinks! And Jack's all over the place lol...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone going to be in Denver around the Holidays? We're actually staying here this year. it's not fair to Katrina's mother for the 2 of us to fly off to NY every year so we're staying put. And of course, while I look fine my chest is still shattered, according to what the docs  said today. It's healing very slowly, but it IS healing. Still, I can't drive until AT LEAST MARCH. THIS is a MAJOR BUMMER. And I'm forbidden to fly for at least the next 2 months. That was disaqppointing, it would have been nice to go home in January...but wtf !

see you later buds

I used to LOVE the midnight showings of Brokeback in NYC and gathering or not, I'm going lol.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2008, 04:43:25 am »

I am very glad you are getting better Jack.  I hope you will be totally fine withing a very short time..

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2008, 11:31:54 am »
I am very happy that you are well Jack !

And may you be better and better in health and have all your desires too !

I think that I heard that it takes 7 years for bones to re-make themselves or do new bones ? So, be courageous!  My bones are still healing after 4 beat me up, as you know, since they were anti-gay, and used that as a con - and, since bones are usefull, mine are used too like yours!

One of my brothers had broken bones in his back! I remember how red like fire when I looked at it. But doctor neglected on purpose all these years to send my brother for tests, and now sent him too late. So, my brother is on his last days dying ! So, make sure you get right doctors and treatments!

Plus, the right foods are needed ! You know ?

My lover/buddy was given foods by the hospital they should not have given him and  that partly killed him !

Glad that Brokeback Mountain movie will be shown your way.

Maybe the new film one Ciao will interest you too ?

Awaiting your news,
keep care, hugs!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2008, 02:28:27 am »
hiiii Janice!! How are you doing?

And Artiste, I am very sorry about your brother, it sounds awful...

"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2008, 01:16:07 pm »
There's a possible Brokie gathering going on out here in Denver next June; During the Pride weekend the Esquire--a cool art-film theater--is showing BBM two days in a row FOR THEIR WEEKLY Friday and Saturday MIDNIGHT MOVIE.  They're going to work with Rodney and have a display featuring the many film props from his collection.

The esquire is a very cool theater. The midnight manager had wanted to sow BBM THIS year but decided against it...because the theater wasn't willing to even APPEAR as if they were cashing in on or exploiting Heath's death. These days something like that is unfortunately exceptional; I think all Brokies anywhere will respect how the staff at the Esquire felt, and how they BEHAVED. It had quiet class.

I f you dress as a character from any of the films they show at Midnight you get free passes, too. There will be a LOT of cowboys, methinks! And Jack's all over the place lol...

Yeehaw! Please keep us posted as this develops, Jack! I would love to get back to Denver (and also Wyoming, of course) again next year.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2008, 04:10:36 pm »
I'm going to try to do a Brokeback Scene outside. Two cowboys around a campfire with a bear and 2 elk>>>for which you can read one of those brightly lit deer LOL they sell @ home depot.
Outstanding friend!! And for the sheep you can use your lamb's ears, lol! Let me know if I can help! And, I know a good electrician, too...Chuck!

A hug from my heart to yours
What a treasure to find in such an unlikely place! We all missed you painfully friend, even me, who had the chance to see you every once in a while. Sooooo glad you're back friend, and healing every day!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"