Author Topic: All Things Sci-Fi and Fantasy  (Read 89550 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: All Things Sci-Fi and Fantasy
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2009, 07:18:43 pm »
I'm in the middle of watching season 3 of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. I'm so happy Kira finally chopped off her awful hair extensions.  And what was the point of seeing Jamie Bamber in a fat suit.  Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to show that the character has gone "soft".  Anyway, this is probably the first sci-fi program that has me in tears every second episode.  I just have to hear the first notes of the theme music and I feel waves a sadness and melancholy.. :'(

I agree that BSG is a great series, Gil.  Terrific characters and writing for grownups.  I don't pay close attention to all the details of the story, so I find myself in the dark sometimes about what's what between the cylons and humans and all the history, but it's still a great ride.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2009, 03:41:49 pm »
Does anyone remember TRON?  ;D   I remember the movie being heavily promoted at video rooms and being disappointed with the film. 

Well thirty years latter (release date 2011), they are making TRON 2.0.  If it's a sequal, it's a long time coming. I don't even remember the first one all that well. Jeff Bridges who was in the first TRON, will also be in this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104001/

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2009, 04:29:20 pm »
Does anyone remember TRON?  ;D   I remember the movie being heavily promoted at video rooms and being disappointed with the film. 

Well thirty years latter (release date 2011), they are making TRON 2.0.  If it's a sequal, it's a long time coming. I don't even remember the first one all that well. Jeff Bridges who was in the first TRON, will also be in this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104001/

I heard about that.  I saw TRON back in the day and I was disappointed as well but I don't remember much about it.  Not enough to be excited about the remake (or whatever it is)  ;)  Hopefully, it will be a case similar to BATTLESTAR GALACTICA where the "remake" (re-imagining?) turned out to be far superior to the original.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2009, 02:10:02 pm »
My BSG update:  I finished off Season 3 (OMG!) and watched the RAZOR, the TV movie before Season 4.0 which I'll start watching tonight.  Rasor was not what I expected but it was very interesting.  It went back in time and focused on what happened to the Pegasus before it came in contact with Galactica.  It was a bit of a disappointment after the delicious cliffhanger (OMG!) that ended Season 3.  (Does EVERYONE end up being a Cylon?!) :laugh:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:25:59 pm by oilgun »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2009, 07:03:53 pm »
I just finished watching Season 4.0 of BsG, it ends when....  According to one of the extras on the DVD, the series could have ended there if the writer's strike had gone on longer (or something).  That would have been quite a cynical way to end things, lol!

Is anyone planning to watch the real Series Finale this Friday?

Ouch!  Can you say spoiler!?!??  :-\
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:14:39 am by delalluvia »

Offline oilgun

« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2009, 07:18:33 pm »
Ouch!  Can you say spoiler!?!??  :-\

Well, it was from last year! I didn't think I still had to watch for spoilers.  Anyway, I'll remove it.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2009, 07:33:44 pm »

Well, it was from last year! I didn't think I still had to watch for spoilers.  Anyway, I'll remove it.

Not for me,   :)  but for anyone else who is thinking about seeing it, or perhaps people overseas to whom the series is running behind.  Not sure how that works anymore.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2009, 09:07:21 pm »
There was a behind the scenes special about BSG coming to an end last night.  Very good.

SciFi announced that Friday will be an all day marathon of BSG's four seasons, ending with the 2-hour finale.  8)  8)  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline oilgun

« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2009, 08:06:50 am »
Not for me,   :)  but for anyone else who is thinking about seeing it, or perhaps people overseas to whom the series is running behind.  Not sure how that works anymore.
I completely understand, but you might want to remove the post in which you quoted the spoiler.  :-\

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2009, 08:15:06 am »
I completely understand, but you might want to remove the post in which you quoted the spoiler.  :-\

Done.