Author Topic: All Things Sci-Fi and Fantasy  (Read 89498 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: All Things Sci-Fi and Fantasy
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2009, 01:05:29 am »
Wha-hoo! It's here!  8)

Uhura Slaps Sulu
Nichelle Nichols, George Takei
   (0:51)
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c5C6t6lFfg&feature=related[/youtube]

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2009, 08:11:46 pm »
Wha-hoo! It's here!  8)

Uhura Slaps Sulu
Nichelle Nichols, George Takei
   (0:51)
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c5C6t6lFfg&feature=related[/youtube]

As a little kid, I remember this being a pretty hot scene.  The interracial aspect of it never crossed my mind.  They made one of those great vicious couples.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2009, 10:52:46 pm »

As a little kid, I remember this being a pretty hot scene.  The interracial aspect of it never crossed my mind.  They made one of those great vicious couples.

And with George really  being gai, Gai, GAI, well--the mind boggles!   8)

"Camping Out"

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2009, 01:03:07 am »
And with George really  being gai, Gai, GAI, well--the mind boggles!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That never crossed my mind either.  ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2009, 01:23:49 am »
It wasn't even the first interracial kiss on Star Trek,  as Shatner had kissed an alien played by Vietnamese-French actress France Nuyen in the episode "Elaan of Troyius," which was screened earlier that season.

I remember seeing France Nuyen in that episode when I was a little kid watching Star Trek in reruns.  I liked how ethnic she looked, her spirit, how exotically beautiful she was, down to the great hairpiece - which was ahead of its time.

I remember Whoopi Goldberg commenting on Lt. Uhura.  She says she remembers thinking, "At least one of us made it."  :)

I love Star Trek.

France Nuyen as the Dolman of (Something) was certainly one of the hottest of Kirk's women.  A memorable scene!

Star Trek will never be topped for tacky, lovable, over-the-top greatness.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2009, 01:38:43 am »
She was the Dolman of Elas.

I was trying to think of the name of the babe Kirk had in the episode "Mirror Mirror" and I just now got it - Barbara Luna.  She was hot too.  Ethnic as well.

Not a great shot, but it has sexy bearded Spock!

Looks like Barbara Luna was the Eva Longoria of the 60's.  The resemblance is startling.

I liked her too. There was a funny Trek story about how a bunch of teenybopper girls thought the idea of a Captain's woman was a good one.  So they wrote in and wrote in, signing petitions asking for Kirk to have a 'Captain's woman'.  Finally the producer wrote back to the ringleader of these young teenagers and said, "A Captain's woman is not really a very nice lady, why don't you ask your mothers..."

And he never heard back from them again.  :laugh:

Hm, thinking about it, ya gotta hand it to Shatner.  In an era still very racially prejudiced, he was pretty game to make out with all these ethnic leading ladies.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2009, 04:18:56 pm »
The Captain Kirk kissing Lt. Uhura must have been a big deal in it's day.

An older female friend of mine tells me "That's all we talked about at school (junior high) the next day. And we never talked about tv. It was such a Get Out (!) moment"  ;)    She can still do a pretty good imitation of the "moment of shock." 

Has Star Trek ever done a passionate same sex kiss yet?  The new movie is coming out. I wouldn't bet on a same sex kiss in it! >:( 
The new Captain Kirk looks pretty cute if a bit young to be a starship captain.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2009, 04:54:50 pm »

If they get any younger...

They'll be 'Star Trek Babies'!

::)

"Camping Out"

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2009, 05:30:59 pm »
[Chris Pine needs to be spanked!   ;) ]

The pilot of BsG's spin-off is being released on DVD in April!.  It looks like it's going to be a really good Family Drama with Eric Stoltz and Esai Morales!
watch the trailer: http://www.capricadvd.com/

Caprica DVD (Anamorphic Widescreen)
An astonishing breakthrough is taking shape on the planet Caprica. The rapidly evolving spheres of human and mechanical engineering have collided, along with the fates of two families. Joined by tragedy in an explosive instant of terror, two rival clans led by powerful patriarchs, Joseph Adama (Esai Morales, Jericho) and Daniel Greystone (Eric Stoltz, The Butterfly Effect) duel in an era of questionable ethics, corporate machinations and unbridled personal ambition as the final war for humanity looms.

The latest phenomenon from the executive producers of Battlestar Galactica (Ronald D. Moore and David Eick), set in a time over 50 years earlier, Caprica is entirely its own world - provocative, thrilling and startling relevant to our own.

Starring: Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales, Sina Najafi, Polly Walker, Alessandra Toreson, Avan Jogia
Directed by: Jeffrey Reiner

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2009, 02:59:46 pm »
The Captain Kirk kissing Lt. Uhura must have been a big deal in it's day.

An older female friend of mine tells me "That's all we talked about at school (junior high) the next day. And we never talked about tv. It was such a Get Out (!) moment"  ;)    She can still do a pretty good imitation of the "moment of shock." 

Has Star Trek ever done a passionate same sex kiss yet?  The new movie is coming out. I wouldn't bet on a same sex kiss in it! >:( 

WoHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  That would be sooooooooooo hot!!!  I daresay after the movie comes out, if they don't show a same sex couple in the movie, there will be a thousand slash fan fics launched that will.

Very cute, way too young.  He could be captain of a frigate or something.   >:(  I understand Hollywood trying to get a 'new generation' into the Star Trek tent, but cow-towing to the current youth culture is wrong.  What next?  Zac Efron and Miley Cyrus as the next U.S. presidential family?

Was anyone else disappointed with BSG:(  Was anyone a real person?