Author Topic: When Did You Stop Believing In Santa Claus or Father Christmas?  (Read 19938 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: When Did You Stop Believing In Santa Claus or Father Christmas?
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 02:01:46 am »
Aww! That was nice of you to do that! Sometimes I think the parents have more fun at Christmas than the kids do. I think it would be fun to be "the man behind the curtain" and create all the magic for the kids. That was nice you extended them this opportunity for an extra few years! :)

You're certainly right about Christmas being just as fun for the parents!  And my parents went all out!  I'm one of 3 kids (I'm the middle child) and each of us received so many presents that it took us literally hours to open them all.  My folks made a decent living and spoiled us at Christmastime.  One thing I remember: every year my brother received a doctor's satchel filled with toy stethoscope, candy pills, bandages, etc. (anyone remember those?) while my sister and I got nurses' kits every year.  I think my mom was trying to tell us something!  :laugh:

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 03:01:24 am »
I'm with Jess on this one I believe!  I believe in the easter bunny, the tooth fairy and the Great Pumpkin too!  ;)  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 03:10:37 am »
You're certainly right about Christmas being just as fun for the parents!  And my parents went all out!  I'm one of 3 kids (I'm the middle child) and each of us received so many presents that it took us literally hours to open them all.  My folks made a decent living and spoiled us at Christmastime.  One thing I remember: every year my brother received a doctor's satchel filled with toy stethoscope, candy pills, bandages, etc. (anyone remember those?) while my sister and I got nurses' kits every year.  I think my mom was trying to tell us something!  :laugh:

I remember those doctor kits!! Yup. I had a few of them too, and those pills never lasted very long. I'd always end up eating them all! The kit came in a plastic case. Sure I remember those, Littlewing! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 03:13:42 am »
I'm with Jess on this one I believe!  I believe in the easter bunny, the tooth fairy and the Great Pumpkin too!  ;)  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Well, I already admitted I still believe in him a little bit. I guess I keep a tiny bit of my childhood alive in my heart. I don't know what it is. But I always keep my ears trained for reindeer noises each Christmas Eve. I realize there won't be any reindeers on my roof, but a small part of me continues to believe and to listen for them each year. I guess I'm still a kid at heart. It's kind of weird, isn't it?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 08:33:50 am »
Well, I already admitted I still believe in him a little bit. I guess I keep a tiny bit of my childhood alive in my heart. I don't know what it is. But I always keep my ears trained for reindeer noises each Christmas Eve. I realize there won't be any reindeers on my roof, but a small part of me continues to believe and to listen for them each year. I guess I'm still a kid at heart. It's kind of weird, isn't it?

well, if you would tell Alex to sit on the OTHER end of the couch and keep his hands to HIMSELF.....maybe you could get off the naughty list and onto the GOOD one with me and Dottie!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 12:45:51 pm »
Not believe in Santa Claus!  :o

Like the man said, you might as well not believe in ... fairies. ...  ::)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 12:48:38 pm »
Naturally since I was raised Catholic I believed only what my parents told me, but once I got  their number, the jig was up, and from there my atheism was born.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 12:50:49 pm »
Naturally since I was raised Catholic I believed only what my parents told me, but once I got  their number, the jig was up, and from there my atheism was born.

What's not believing in God got to do with believing or not believing in a fat man in a red suit who brings you stuff every 25th of December?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 12:53:24 pm »
What's not believing in God got to do with believing or not believing in a fat man in a red suit who brings you stuff every 25th of December?

Saint Nicolas...once I was able to make my own decisions about God, it kind of made the concept of sainthood trivial.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 01:12:54 pm »
Saint Nicolas...once I was able to make my own decisions about God, it kind of made the concept of sainthood trivial.

Whatever. Santa Claus seems so removed from Saint Nicholas these days as to be practically unrelated, in my opinion.