Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140342 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2008, 09:35:07 pm »
and... a Saturday bonus:

chapter 29!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/243841.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2008, 09:52:27 pm »
you want to know what is ironic about that particular scene in that particular story?

It took place about halfway through the fifth volume.  Which seems to imply that the person had read a WHOLE LOT OF THE STORY before being turned off by that scene.  And I find that somewhat amusing.  If the reader didn't like the premise of Ennis finding a new lover then why are they still reading half a million words later?  I would have dropped it on page 50 or something.

I know-the same thought crossed my mind & if I felt that way you would have most definitely lost me when painfully shy, meant to suffer forever Ennis, made a move on Ellery, the predator, at the Rose Hotel! Too funny & ironic!

Woot!! Saturday night bonus chappie!!!! Yippee, zippee, off to read!!
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

yb

« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2008, 10:36:29 pm »
well how do you like that?  I deleted my stories from the entire BBM community and all of my links from Davecullen.com - and PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT!

go figure.  Now that is persistence if ever I have seen it.

For anyone who lurks over here from DC and wants to read the NEW version of my books, you can find them publically available at:

tcreader.livejournal.com

They are still talking about your previous version over on DCF?  Do they have a life?  I think there's only one MO!Ennis story approved by them - the one which made Jack a saint to let Ennis moved on. 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2008, 10:39:38 pm »
Yes, they are still talking about it.  And I don't know which 'Moving on' stories ever got the golden blessing, but I do know it wasn't mine!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2008, 12:26:38 am »
And you are still rocking & rolling as The Rookie proves!!!!

Amen and Hallelujah!

SPOILERS

Yay for a bonus chapter!  Gotta love feisty Edna.  We got a "Hell no" and a "she can just suck eggs.." out of her tonight!  LOL!

I've been wanting to see Ellery and Colson and Jeremy and Nick get together socially - but those two couples along with both sets of "parents" - that would be an interesting evening, to say the least!

And I had to believe we were going to hear:

“I probably didn’t need ta know that.”

out of Wes sometime during the night! LOL!  But, Wes's concerns were also kind of touching and very fatherly.  He wasn't just being nosy, he truly wanted to make sure his boy is ok.  Nicely done, Louise!

Thanks,
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2008, 02:00:37 am »
SPOILERS

I had a good time writing that chapter.  Whether Wes likes it or not, he is being dragged kicking and screaming into being the loving Dad of a  kinky gay man!  Is his heart big enough for the task?  Well... I think so!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2008, 05:55:31 am »
Yes, they are still talking about it.  And I don't know which 'Moving on' stories ever got the golden blessing, but I do know it wasn't mine!!!

Well it should have been yours Louise, because, IMHO, YOUR moving on story was, and still is, the best of the lot. And no I,m not being a creep I,m just telling it like it is, as I normally do lol.  ;) I wonder if AP ever acutally read your story? Just curious as to what she would have thought of it. I wonder about these things.  ::) ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:19 am »
A bonus chapter...what a treat! Thanks, Louise.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2008, 02:09:15 pm »
SPOILERS

I had a good time writing that chapter. 

It shows!!

I was laughing out loud when I read Wes's 'What the hell a you wearin, Ellery?'  :laugh:  :laugh:

Ah, I love the Ellery - Wes interaction. Of course he had to notice it. You can't fool Our Fearless Leader. And Ellery's '“It’s a pressure mark from a restraint device. Not police equipment.' is just hilarious!

Somehow finding out about what Colson and Ellery are up to in the bedroom probably isn't going to have the same effect on Wes and Edna as it did on Jeremy and Nick!  :laugh:  :laugh:

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2008, 04:56:02 pm »