Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 139337 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2008, 08:32:23 am »
ok here is another chapter, sorry it is so short, things are coming to me rather slowly right now!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/253220.html  "Chapter 62"

Louise, don't be sorry - you know what we say about "fast or slow" around these parts!  ;)

SPOILERS

I was hoping Jeremy would open up about his sister - that's a good thing for him and Colson.  Nice moment when he referred to Jeremy as "my best friend outside a Ellery here.” 

“Goddamn Wayne, how can he get people ta feel sorry for em an still be such a fuckin pain in the ass?”

LOL!  If that doesn't describe Wayne to a "T" I don't know what does!  And I love Ellery's reply!

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2008, 08:42:29 am »
Short, but fun. Thank you Louise!

I was just about to quote the last two lines, but Marie beat me to it...LOL, I am still chuckling here!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2008, 09:24:21 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2008, 10:27:03 pm »
up next; chapter 63:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/253491.html

SPOILERS

Cool how "The Rookie" and "The Brotherhood Murders" are kind of dovetailing at the moment!  Adds another interesting layer to both stories. 

“Yeah but it’s different now.”

Ellery shook his head vehemently. “No – it ain’t different now....

Poor Colson.  Such a natural reaction - but exactly what Pam doesn't need.  This is where Ellery's experience is so helpful.  He knows that the last thing in the world Pam needs is for everyone to be walking on eggshells around her as though she is now damaged goods.  I'm feeling a little nervous myself about the girls' arrival.....

Really, really well done, Louise.

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2008, 12:03:10 am »
yes, for some reason the plots here are integrating, or ... recaptulating, or something.  The unresolved issue of Amos Marigold and his larger conspiracy that came to a head in 'Brotherhood Murders', which I think I will be renaming as 'The Brotherhood Conspiracy'.

And I finished that volume and am working on the next book, the shortened 'Shelter from the Storm' where Ellery finds out to his shock that Colson fantasizes about Kate Jackson and 'that girl from the Avengers.'  This might be the funniest chapter I ever wrote.

“So when yer beatin off, you think about titties an naked women an such.”

“Mostly.”

“Dupree, what the fuck is this ‘mostly’?”

“Mostly!” he said, slamming down his beer. “You want me ta be honest, that’s the honest truth. Mostly. Every once in a while sometimes I think about a man, but mostly it’s women.”

Ellery turned to Colson. “Colson, you ever fantasize about women, you know, when yer jerkin off?”

“What a you askin me that for Ellery?” Colson glared at him.

“It’s a simple question, Colson.”

“You mean nowadays or in the past?”

“Any time!” Ellery said, frustrated.

There was a knock on the front door. “Pizza’s here,” Dupree said, bolting off his bar stool and heading for the door.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2008, 09:42:07 pm »

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #386 on: February 21, 2008, 02:53:34 am »
new chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/254109.html  'Chapter 64'

SPOILERS

Well, Pam is not the only one who's happy that Ellery is there. I am too. I hope now that Colson has seen that Pam is 'the same' (on the surface at least) he'll be able to calm down a bit. I know he was sick with worry, but I understand that Pam doesn't want people to treat her differently now. On first impressions she seems to doing well, considering the awful circumstances.

I loved it when Pam said that about Ellery being the police chief in the family:) Ellery must have been pleased to hear that. And yeah, she was right to get out of there. And what's with this guy being able to get away? Are the Tourmaline police force the only ones who can catch the bad guys? It looks like Wes will get involved pretty soon.

And I can't believe how Pam's mother is treating her. Being a mother myself, it's incomprehensible  :(

I'm glad the girls have arrived safely Louise. Great chapter. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #387 on: February 21, 2008, 08:39:10 am »
This might be the funniest chapter I ever wrote.

I just read that last night, Louise and you're right - it's hilarious! And speaking of funny - I have to bring up the ultimate "Wayne" line I also read recently:  "What was I gonna say, NO?"  OMG, that only gets funnier with time!  :laugh: 

SPOILERS

I loved it when Pam said that about Ellery being the police chief in the family:)
And I can't believe how Pam's mother is treating her. Being a mother myself, it's incomprehensible  :(

Me, too, Fabienne - on both counts!  "Step-dad" Ellery hit just the right tone with the girls on a personal level and "Chief Deputy" Ellery is going to be of immeasurable assistance on the law enforcement level. 

As for Laura - ugh.  What a vile and repugnant attitude.  I don't even want to get started ..... >:(    Thank God for Colson and Ellery. 

Looking forward, as always - thanks, Louise!

Marie

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #388 on: February 21, 2008, 04:49:58 pm »
Well I,m off for the night now. I shall look eagerly for my update in the morning. I hope that when Colson talks to Laura he gives her a piece of his mind. Pam is her daughter for Gods sake. Horrible woman. >:( She,d better change her attitude fast or I,ll get my bombs out again. Remember the one I dropped on Bunny Ruskin Louise?  :laugh:

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #389 on: February 21, 2008, 04:59:47 pm »
  "What was I gonna say, NO?"  OMG, that only gets funnier with time!  :laugh: 

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

That must be one of the funniest lines you've written Louise.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'