Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4574934 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11080 on: March 03, 2011, 09:45:48 am »
I should go to farmers' market on Saturday to see if the Amish bake shop has any fastnachts. It's that time of year.  ;D

If I can get out of bed early enough. ...   :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11081 on: March 03, 2011, 10:29:11 am »
I should go to farmers' market on Saturday to see if the Amish bake shop has any fastnachts. It's that time of year.  ;D

If I can get out of bed early enough. ...   :-\

Shall I rub it in a little? ;)
Here you can get this type of pastry for months around Fasching. Fasching season officially starts on 11.11. and lasts till Aschermittwoch of the following year. At least that long, usually longer, I can get fasnachts, Kreppl, Krapfen, Berliner, Kiechle or however they are called in different parts of Germany, Pennsylvania and elsewhere. ;D

No need to get up early for them when you have months of time :laugh: ;).

When I was in school, ninth grade, a had a shift at the Kreppl baking station at our school's Faschingsparty. Afterwards, my arms were covered with small burns from the boiling, splashing fat. Hurt like hell. But all the Kreppl I ate during my shift were worth it! :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11082 on: March 03, 2011, 11:38:40 am »

Shall I rub it in a little? ;)
Here you can get this type of pastry for months around Fasching. Fasching season officially starts on 11.11. and lasts till Aschermittwoch of the following year. At least that long, usually longer, I can get fasnachts, Kreppl, Krapfen, Berliner, Kiechle or however they are called in different parts of Germany, Pennsylvania and elsewhere. ;D

No need to get up early for them when you have months of time :laugh: ;).

Actually, I already had some when I was visiting my dad last month.  :laugh:  I would just like to have more.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11083 on: March 07, 2011, 09:43:53 am »
Well, after a nasty, rainy day yesterday, today is a boneless blue morning in Philadelphia.

It's still a bit wintery, but in flower beds with a lot of sun exposure, the daffodils and hyacinths have sprouted.  :D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #11084 on: March 07, 2011, 09:55:28 am »
hey, maybe the groundhog was right!  i hope so.

It's jacket weather in Nawlins here on Lundi Gras, and the office is a ghost-town as everyone's mind and more than half the staff are on vacation for the big Carnival celebration here.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11085 on: March 07, 2011, 11:46:04 am »
Well, after a nasty, rainy day yesterday, today is a boneless blue morning in Philadelphia.

It's still a bit wintery, but in flower beds with a lot of sun exposure, the daffodils and hyacinths have sprouted.  :D

How wonderful!! Bulbs were starting to come up in my friend's garden in Denver, but I raked lots of pine needles and mulch over them to discourage them. There's lots of time for frost, snow and killing temperatures to come (in Colorado anyway).
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11086 on: March 07, 2011, 10:27:35 pm »
How wonderful!! Bulbs were starting to come up in my friend's garden in Denver, but I raked lots of pine needles and mulch over them to discourage them. There's lots of time for frost, snow and killing temperatures to come (in Colorado anyway).

I guess there's cold, and then there's cold. Subzero temperatures would probably kill anything. But my grandma always said the bulb plants can stand the cold, because they originated on the Asian steppes; it's the heat they can't take.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #11087 on: March 14, 2011, 07:24:43 am »
Congrats to Monika on 5,000 posts!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11088 on: March 14, 2011, 10:22:54 am »
congrats Monika!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11089 on: March 14, 2011, 11:34:44 am »

CONGRATULATIONS, MONIKA!
Ich bin ein Brokie...