Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595691 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7320 on: July 23, 2008, 12:57:13 pm »
I would easily ignore my commitment to veganism for a lobster roll!   ;D

It's that time of year when they are selling lobster rolls at McDonald's. $4.79 and they are pretty good to be honest.

The guy who cuts my hair, Adam, and his partner went out for lobster on July 4th. They ended up at "The Taste of Maine" (on Route 1 in Woolwich) and ordered "the world's largest lobster roll." It was 2 feet long, had 2 pounds of lobster meat (!!) -- no celery, no mayonnaise, just lobster meat and melted butter. Adam didn't even eat the baguette it was stuffed in, just scraped out the lobster. Ed did eat some of the bread. Total cost: $49.99.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7321 on: July 23, 2008, 12:58:25 pm »

What a fun/ funny dream Leslie! I'm sitting here in my office laughing.  :laugh: 

I'm impressed by how detailed it was!  And by how the two elements (the crab and the books) came together in the end.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7322 on: July 23, 2008, 12:59:13 pm »

That I get indignant far too easily?  :)   So is Conus Books a real place, or just in the dream?  And I think Jeff might be right - a Maine Brokie gathering would be great.

I think Conus Books is just a dream place. Besides, Waterboro is a pretty small town so I am not sure why I would think it would have a very famous book store.

I am still puzzling over why very famous crab sandwiches (they had a special name, too, like Crab Bistro or something) would be served at a bookstore.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7323 on: July 23, 2008, 01:01:04 pm »
What a fun/ funny dream Leslie! I'm sitting here in my office laughing.  :laugh: 

I'm impressed by how detailed it was!  And by how the two elements (the crab and the books) came together in the end.

Oh, it was very detailed. I didn't even get into the part about looking at the map and the one guy who insisted on staying in a hotel in Lewiston!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7324 on: July 23, 2008, 01:09:22 pm »
Lynne and LauraGigs and I were talking about this the other day and I thought I'd repost it here:

Brokeback in 30 seconds
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-w93xKtfY[/youtube]

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7325 on: July 23, 2008, 01:14:34 pm »

LOL, thanks Elle.  Even in goofy bunny form, the double shirts are heartwrenching!  :'(

I enjoyed angry rabbit Jack in the lake/ argument scene. 8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7326 on: July 23, 2008, 01:31:29 pm »
It's that time of year when they are selling lobster rolls at McDonald's. $4.79 and they are pretty good to be honest.

Lobster rolls at McDonald's?  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7327 on: July 23, 2008, 01:52:53 pm »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7328 on: July 23, 2008, 02:05:09 pm »
Lobster rolls at McDonald's, people killed by a wave of molasses, brown bread which isn't bread and a dreamy bookstore which sells famous lobster rolls. Add a non-real Brokie meeting, two real Japanese students and a few Brokeback bunnies and *poof*, you get the magic 1000+Posts Club thread  :laugh:.

(Now how was that for a summary? )

You are some crazy folks ;). I feel right at home .... ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7329 on: July 23, 2008, 02:14:07 pm »
Lobster rolls at McDonald's, people killed by a wave of molasses, brown bread which isn't bread and a dreamy bookstore which sells famous lobster rolls. Add a non-real Brokie meeting, two real Japanese students and a few Brokeback bunnies and *poof*, you get the magic 1000+Posts Club thread  :laugh:.

(Now how was that for a summary? )

You are some crazy folks ;). I feel right at home .... ;D

Yes, what a thread! What a club! And we even have a sekrit handshake...LOL

(PS, the bookstore sold crab sandwiches...minor point except that strange Brokie in my dream--that's all he wanted to eat!)