Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595971 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8050 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:59 am »
Bonjour... to all !

I love that pic of that person touching the sky, while walking up those stairs!

Be safe all as this storm passes!

And be safe too all others!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8051 on: September 13, 2008, 09:29:11 pm »
hiya  brokie friends!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8052 on: September 14, 2008, 03:08:24 am »
Good morning from my "office" in Fabienne's dining room!

I see sun and blue sky this morning after a rainy day yesterday. My widget says 6 degrees (43 degrees F). Chilly! It is 8 degrees and rainy in Basel and 63 degrees at home.

Fabienne and I did some shopping in Leuven yesterday and then decided to go to IKEA because I have never been. Yes, I know there are IKEA stores in the US but none in Maine. So off we went. OHMIGOD! LOL. I felt like I was at Disney World with the entire population of the country of Belgium! Fabienne bought a few things but I went home empty handed because I kept reminding myself I have a small suitcase. I am not sure how I would fit an entire Scandinavian sleeping system in there, complete with duvet and pillows, so I resisted the temptation. But it was quite the store to see and the mob was unbelieveable. As I said to Fabienne, "You'd think they were giving things away!"

Right now I am sitting here with Anna, watching SpongeBob Square Pants in Dutch! Last night we plowed through about 6 hours of Batman Begins and finally quit when Fabienne said there were 3 hours more to go (it seemed like an endlessly long movie!!). All I can say about the new one and this: I thought Maggie G. was very weak in her role, but she was an improvement over Katie Holmes. But that's not saying much for either of their acting abilities.

More stories later!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8053 on: September 14, 2008, 06:30:40 am »

More stories later!

Looking forward to them!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8054 on: September 14, 2008, 07:41:13 am »

Fabienne and I did some shopping in Leuven yesterday and then decided to go to IKEA because I have never been. Yes, I know there are IKEA stores in the US but none in Maine. So off we went. OHMIGOD! LOL. I felt like I was at Disney World with the entire population of the country of Belgium! Fabienne bought a few things but I went home empty handed because I kept reminding myself I have a small suitcase. I am not sure how I would fit an entire Scandinavian sleeping system in there, complete with duvet and pillows, so I resisted the temptation. But it was quite the store to see and the mob was unbelieveable. As I said to Fabienne, "You'd think they were giving things away!"

IKEA is quite a phenomenon.  My favorite aspect of it is the sample rooms, where they take a very small space and show how one could live well in there.  Very inspiring.  I think half the kids I know have IKEA raised beds.  I get an itch to go about twice a year.  Since it's a 45 minute drive to get there, I usually postpone going until the urge to go is mighty.  Then I go, devoting an afternoon to it.  I wend my way through its labyrinth like a kid in Willy Wonka's factory, eat lunch, buy a set of new cups, or a duvet (we all sleep under IKEA duvets), or a small table, and finally at the end, lurch out of its vortex, overwhelmed, and can't stand the idea of going back.  A few months later the itch starts up again...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8055 on: September 14, 2008, 10:58:01 am »
My favorite aspect of it is the sample rooms, where they take a very small space and show how one could live well in there.  Very inspiring. 

You mean like this with partition walls and 'rooms' completely furnitered, even with fake TVs and fake rows of books?

That's what all furniture stores do over here. At least in Germany, don't know about other countries.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8056 on: September 14, 2008, 12:25:31 pm »
Well it is sweltering here today,but in a really hot,sticky humid way. I have to keep dipping in the pool to cool down, accompanied by the german shepherd cross.She loves swimming, but only round and round in circles,so funny.
I may actualy have to go inside if it gets any more sticky.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8057 on: September 14, 2008, 04:43:06 pm »
It's sweltering here to!  It's supposed to get cooler as the day goes on, but right now, it's the hottest it's been all day, 90 degrees!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8058 on: September 14, 2008, 08:16:14 pm »
Bonjour... to all !!

And be safe and enjoy the evening !

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8059 on: September 14, 2008, 08:33:58 pm »

IKEA is quite a phenomenon.  My favorite aspect of it is the sample rooms, where they take a very small space and show how one could live well in there.  Very inspiring.  I think half the kids I know have IKEA raised beds.  I get an itch to go about twice a year.  Since it's a 45 minute drive to get there, I usually postpone going until the urge to go is mighty.  Then I go, devoting an afternoon to it.  I wend my way through its labyrinth like a kid in Willy Wonka's factory, eat lunch, buy a set of new cups, or a duvet (we all sleep under IKEA duvets), or a small table, and finally at the end, lurch out of its vortex, overwhelmed, and can't stand the idea of going back.  A few months later the itch starts up again...

Around here some people refer to IKEA as "gay church" 'cause so many gay guys go there to cruise on Sunday mornings.  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.