Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4528221 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #390 on: June 14, 2006, 07:45:05 am »
Yaa!   Graduation Day!     You must be so proud Leslie!

Make sure you guys frisk him for stink bombs before the ceremony!   LOL

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #391 on: June 14, 2006, 07:57:34 am »
Yaa!   Graduation Day!     You must be so proud Leslie!

Make sure you guys frisk him for stink bombs before the ceremony!   LOL

They actually have Project Graduation after graduation...and every single student's backpack will be searched. No exceptions.

Proud, yes, if I can survive this week...did I tell you how he threw--oh, sorry, accidentally dropped--his 5 week old, very expensive iTunes+cellphone into Sebago Lake on Monday?

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #392 on: June 14, 2006, 11:28:08 am »
And as we bid a happy good morning to June 14, 2006, the day my son graduates from high school....

Congrats Leslie to your son!  Its a big day!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #393 on: June 14, 2006, 11:32:20 am »
And with this exquisite post, I join the club.

HOORAY!

I am looking at a very old "Far Side" cartoon. It shows four cars buzzing down the freeway. Four dogs are sitting on the side of the road watching a fifth dog who has obviously just dodged the traffic to cross the freeway and get to his friends. The caption reads "All right! Rusty's in the club!" We can just change that to Leslie, I think.

I actually got this card when I passed my candidacy exam. That would have been June 1986, which makes this card 20 years old this month--where does the time go?

I'd scan it to post but I know Gary Larson & Co. are really really strict about using his images and I don't what Philip to get in trouble...so you'll just have to imagine it.

Leslie
Newest 1000+ club member!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #394 on: June 14, 2006, 11:34:17 am »
Congrats Leslie to your son!  Its a big day!

Thanks, Chris. It is a big day...and the part that is making me feel a little sad is that 4 years from now, he'll be graduating from college and his sister will be graduating from high school and I have a feelling like it will feel like 4 minutes, not 4 years...

This growing up stuff goes much too fast!

Leslie

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #395 on: June 14, 2006, 11:34:36 am »
And with this exquisite post, I join the club.

HOORAY!

I am looking at a very old "Far Side" cartoon. It shows four cars buzzing down the freeway. Four dogs are sitting on the side of the road watching a fifth dog who has obviously just dodged the traffic to cross the freeway and get to his friends. The caption reads "All right! Rusty's in the club!" We can just change that to Leslie, I think.

I actually got this card when I passed my candidacy exam. That would have been June 1986, which makes this card 20 years old this month--where does the time go?

I'd scan it to post but I know Gary Larson & Co. are really really strict about using his images and I don't what Philip to get in trouble...so you'll just have to imagine it.

Leslie
Newest 1000+ club member!

LOL

Welcome to the club Leslie!  You'll get your brand later...

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #396 on: June 14, 2006, 11:35:34 am »
Thanks, Chris. It is a big day...and the part that is making me feel a little sad is that 4 years from now, he'll be graduating from college and his sister will be graduating from high school and I have a feelling like it will feel like 4 minutes, not 4 years...

This growing up stuff goes much too fast!

Leslie

Oh don't tell me this stuff...LOL

I get all worried... :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #397 on: June 14, 2006, 12:59:24 pm »
I was just looking at the stats and Victoria is only 43 posts away from the 2000 posts club...

I'll never catch that, but I did pass Mandy.

Leslie

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #398 on: June 14, 2006, 01:01:51 pm »
I was just looking at the stats and Victoria is only 43 posts away from the 2000 posts club...

I'll never catch that, but I did pass Mandy.

Leslie

Yep...Vic's new name is LaShawn!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #399 on: June 14, 2006, 02:04:04 pm »
Here is something off-topic and out of the blue:

Why are some members here at BT hidden?  I am guessing they change their status to "hidden".  But why?
What are they hiding from?  Someone please explain it to me.. ;D