Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595620 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8550 on: October 26, 2008, 08:45:33 pm »
*waves*

Hiya everyone!  how are y'all?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8551 on: October 26, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »
God, what a mess Leslie. I feel for you. :(

I've never been a big fan of Sears. Generally when I shop for appliances I go to Best Buy or HH Gregg. Maybe after giving them a piece of your mind tomorrow, you could write a scathing review and send it to your local newspaper. It may help you feel better and save others from going through a similar experience.

Thank you David. I appreciate your sympathy.

We do have Best Buy here but not HH Gregg. I have bought things from Sears before and generally been happy. And probably I'll get over this. But I do want to call someone and bitch a bit.

The good news is, I used the new installation to clean out the bathroom cabinets. The w/d is in the bathroom (in a closet) and we had all sorts of stuff stacked everywhere. Ancient bottles of Downy (fabric softener). For reasons unknown to me, we had 3 cans of Niagara Spray Starch. Hey! I iron about 3x a year, I need three cans of this stuff? We also had 2 dozen bottles of various suntan lotions (ranging from SPF 4 to 99), more spools of dental floss than you can count, and lots and lots of expired medications. So all that stuff went into the trash. The bathroom is neat and tidy, the laundry area is pristine and next week.....we tackle the linen closet. Yikes!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8552 on: October 26, 2008, 09:31:56 pm »
Well being from the U.K, good old Anglo Saxon would have been my solution and plenty of it.Not allowing them to get a word in.Followed by a very satisfying slam of the phone.
Childish I know but very satisfying.The words Attorney and cash compensation would have been uttered as well!!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8553 on: October 26, 2008, 09:39:30 pm »
Leslie, that's one heck of a mess you've had to deal with.

I'd call the Sears Customer Service line.  Give them a list of everything you did to be home for the deliveries (missed work or whatever) and go through the whole ordeal.  The first delivery cancled with the scratches, the second delivery, the cord, the rubber, the vent.......

You may get some gift certificate from them.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8554 on: October 27, 2008, 02:04:37 am »
Seems I hoorayed for your new w/d too early yesterday ::).
Call the customer service line and bitch, bitch, bitch. Guess there's nothing more you can do. You're stuck with what you got there. Making them machines work is all you can do now. - Heh? where did that come from? Wrong movie ;)

Since you paid tor the installation service (you always pay for it, even when they say it's free it's means only that it's already included in the price calculation) you could ask for money back. But I wouldn't hold my breath for getting it. At least you will feel better after giving them a piece of your mind.

Hopefully the w/d will be the best ones you ever had and will last decades!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8555 on: October 27, 2008, 02:32:22 am »
Hey Leslie, if that closet is a really tight fit, be sure it's got the required clearance all around the machines for safety.  Don't want it to get too hot once they do start working.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8556 on: October 27, 2008, 06:51:36 am »
Good morning!

How are you all today?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8557 on: October 27, 2008, 07:06:37 am »
Hey Leslie, if that closet is a really tight fit, be sure it's got the required clearance all around the machines for safety.  Don't want it to get too hot once they do start working.

Thanks for the reminder but don't worry, it's fine. We've had a w/d in there for years and years. In fact, I think this is the third pair that's been in there!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8558 on: October 27, 2008, 07:11:18 am »
Seems I hoorayed for your new w/d too early yesterday ::).
Call the customer service line and bitch, bitch, bitch. Guess there's nothing more you can do. You're stuck with what you got there. Making them machines work is all you can do now. - Heh? where did that come from? Wrong movie ;)

Since you paid tor the installation service (you always pay for it, even when they say it's free it's means only that it's already included in the price calculation) you could ask for money back. But I wouldn't hold my breath for getting it. At least you will feel better after giving them a piece of your mind.

Hopefully the w/d will be the best ones you ever had and will last decades!

I've decided that the days of a w/d that last 25 years are long gone...at least here in the US. In this house, we started off with an ancient Kenmore (the wonderful all in one machine) that probably did last 25 years before it conked out. Then we got a Whirlpool w/d stacked pair they lasted 12 years: 1988-2000. Next up, GE (the machine that died last week; another stackable pair) which I bought in Nov 2000 -- not even 8 years! Of those two, both the washer and dryer have broken dozens of times (it seems). It's been nothing but frustrating. I am hopeful this new pair will have more longevity but I am not holding my breath.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8559 on: October 27, 2008, 07:13:44 am »
And for the weather...it is 41 degrees and I see a bit of blue sky out there.

I just went and gazed upon my incredibly clean bathroom cabinets. What a lovely sight! LOL

L