Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4528347 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11970 on: January 31, 2022, 09:12:55 pm »
I would have liked to keep my dog's things around for a while, too. But my husband put it all away the minute we came home from the vet. He could't stand to see the things, it made it even worse for him, so I let him put it into the baking house (which we use as storage).
I still have my first dog's (M?xi) collar and leash and we used his food bowl for Tina. I will also keep Tina's things and use part of it for our next dog, like her crate, which she loved to no end.

It's too early now, it will take time, but we will have another dog. "Life without a dog is possible, but meaningless." - I don't remember who said this but it's how I feel (not taking it literally of course). The house is empty without a dog.

When we had to put our cats down, my dad would always go around the house and remove the bowls, toys, and litterbox, so that my mom wouldn't have to.   We had Blaze put down in May of 2020, and there hasn't been a new pet in the house yet.

I get the feeling mom is ready for another pet, but my brother Chris is trying to talk her out of it.

I told her that cats don't deal with change well, and if they are going to move in the next two years, they should wait until they're in their new place to adopt a cat.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11971 on: February 01, 2022, 04:53:30 am »

When we had to put our cats down, my dad would always go around the house and remove the bowls, toys, and litterbox, so that my mom wouldn't have to.   We had Blaze put down in May of 2020, and there hasn't been a new pet in the house yet.

I get the feeling mom is ready for another pet, but my brother Chris is trying to talk her out of it.

I told her that cats don't deal with change well, and if they are going to move in the next two years, they should wait until they're in their new place to adopt a cat.

Of course it's up to your parents, but I think a planned move is not a reason against getting a cat. We moved with our first cat. We kept her indoors for the first four weeks at the new place, then I let her walk through our new garden on a leash a couple if times before finally just opening the front door.
On moving day itself, I reserved one room in the new home for the cat exclusively; I put her bowls, litter box and her beddings in that room, locked the door and kept the key in my pockets, so that none of all all the helpers could let her out accidentally.
Cats are opportunistic beings, they can arrange with new circumstances and see very quickly where their advantage is and make use of it. ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11972 on: February 02, 2022, 03:04:58 pm »
When I moved from my house to my apartment, Charlie got really upset. We were carrying out all the furniture and either he thought his home was disappearing or maybe even we'd carry him out next. He looked really sad and went out to lie in the yard, uncharacteristically. I also feared he wouldn't adjust to the apartment.

All turned out well. He liked the apartment just fine. Only problem was all the other dogs around. He wanted to socialize with everybody, and not all of them wanted to socialize back.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11973 on: April 13, 2023, 10:30:59 am »

Congrats
to
Serious Crayons
(Katy)
on
reaching
posts!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11974 on: April 13, 2023, 10:48:18 am »
Congrats
to
Serious Crayons
(Katy)
on
reaching
posts!

Oh wow, thank you, Chuck! I didn't even notice. Look how far we've come since the days when 1,000 posts was a big deal!

I'm way behind you in post count, but then we don't measure by the word.  :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11975 on: April 14, 2023, 03:23:32 pm »
I've enjoyed all 22,000 of them! Here's a meme I thought you would like.  :-*
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11976 on: May 26, 2023, 11:27:39 am »
I've enjoyed all 22,000 of them! Here's a meme I thought you would like.  :-*

Thank you! I just saw this and, yes, I love this meme!

(My BetterMost used to have a thing that would tell me when there are new comments on threads I've commented on. Now it's not there, so I have to go to the main page and find things. Generally I just search for "today" or "yesterday" to find them but of course that risks missing some.)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11977 on: November 23, 2023, 01:11:17 pm »

Congrats
to
Jeff Wrangler
(Jeff)
on
reaching
posts!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11978 on: November 23, 2023, 02:40:42 pm »
Wow, that could be a book! Congrats, Jeff!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11979 on: November 23, 2023, 11:21:29 pm »
Oh, my!  :o

Thanks!  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.