Author Topic: Re: Notes for Janice!!  (Read 439225 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Notes for Janice!!
« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2008, 01:35:33 pm »
          Yeah I saw it for about one minute.  And to tell you the truth.  By this time in my life,
I have seen just about everything.  Except for a dinosaur.  I was going to say public sex.  But no--
I have seen that too.  Which i believe I have posted here on the forum somewhere.  Not the
sex, but telling the story.

Thanks Dev for the enlightenment on that little place of open partying and fun.  I would
have liked to have seen that at some time.  Oh well.......such is life
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 04:22:52 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2008, 03:00:48 pm »
[youtube=425,350] 
&feature=relate    [/youtube]

Some more fun music from the ninetys.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2008, 03:56:45 pm »

More Salsa,  Gloria Estefan, Ricky Martin, Celia Cruz[

[youtube=425,350]     
&feature=related   [/youtube]

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2008, 03:59:47 pm »

Mama salsa......gloria estefan

&feature=related

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2008, 04:14:37 pm »
[youtube=425,350] 
&feature=related       [/youtube]

Dancing with the stars finals........

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2008, 04:16:32 pm »

Apollo Anton Ohno   Freestyle.........Julianne Huff

[youtube=425,350]     
&NR=1[/youtube]

I love this show so much.  I just had to give it a shout out.

Beautiful mind

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #316 on: February 21, 2008, 04:49:54 pm »
Hey Janice, thanks for posting that. I love Tito Puente's music. I had the chance to meet him briefly a long time ago. He was a friend of my uncle (who's a musician). However, the song featured in the video (Oye como va) is not salsa, it is a cha-cha-cha. A whole different genre.

More Salsa,  Gloria Estefan, Ricky Martin, Celia Cruz[

[youtube=425,350]     
&feature=related   [/youtube]

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2008, 04:57:48 pm »
           Sorry honey.  But over here we dont seem to differentiate.  all the latin music seems to
be grouped into that catagory.  No disrespect intended.  I thought the mambo was the dance
that was done to that kind of music.  Just like the samba is a dance etc.   I love all the latin dances
and the music.  I love Miami sound machine too.

Oh my gosh it was great seeing you here Nat.  Absolutely the best.  ((((hugs))))

Beautiful mind

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2008, 05:04:05 pm »
           Sorry honey.  But over here we dont seem to differentiate.  all the latin music seems to
be grouped into that catagory.  No disrespect intended.  I thought the mambo was the dance
that was done to that kind of music.  Just like the samba is a dance etc.   I love all the latin dances
and the music.  I love Miami sound machine too.

No need to apologize. I was just informing you. I took no offense. On the contrary, was delighted by the video. It's normal for some people to confuse the rythms. I confuse mambo with cha-cha-cha. Samba is also a music genre. When people say let's dance a samba or a mambo they're referring to dance to that music. The moves varies because the rythm is different.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #319 on: February 21, 2008, 06:48:26 pm »
Janice, that article was in the Tampa Tribune about the Pator's sex challenge to his married couples in Ybor.  Ybor is a big night life hot spot.   The things you see go on there after 10pm, damn!  It resembles the 4th quarter in New Orleans.  Very much fun for the kids.  You know 25 and younger, but it can be just as dangerous.   The streets are blocked off at night as everybody, a mob, walks down the middle of the brick roads.  7th avenue is lined with exotic clothing and accessory stores, clubs, tattoo parlors, Theatres and restaurants.   Whenever we have out of town friends or family visit who like to party, we take them go to Ybor.    :)

Dev, I miss the old days of Ybor City before it became Tampa Party Central. Of course it was Gay Party Central first
and always just a little bit dangerous at nite. I really enjoyed walking the Historic District with real old time shops
and restaurants. Most of that is gone but I believe a few of the gems are still around.

Steve
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris