Author Topic: What Stage are we in now???  (Read 10690 times)

Offline Kea

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "The heart has reasons that reason cannot know." -
Re: What Stage are we in now???
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 12:07:26 pm »
Hi

I just joined tonight after a fellow Brokebacker pointed me in this direction... happy to meet more lovers of BBM...I am still in the crying , walking on air...falling ...you get the picture.....I only got to see the movie about 2 weeks ago...its changed me for good....yup ol Brokeback got me good...

just wanted to say Hello :)

Kea
"Within you I lose myself
Without you I find myself
Wanting to be lost again."
-Unknown

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 02:19:43 pm »
Welcome, Kea!  We're really glad to have you here.  I think most of us have been through all those stages in various order and keep going back for more.  Hang in there.  I know this movie has been a major catalyst for changes I am making in my own life.  I'm glad you're joining us.  And I like the quotes in your profile :-)
Lynne
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 03:26:52 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kea

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 04:13:21 am »
Hi Lynn

Thank you for the welcome......I am still looking around here but what a lovely place....I am delighted and trying to get another dear BBm friend to come by too....

Yes I am making changes too....where and how that movie has given me the strenght to do all I am doing.... I will never fully understand....I guess I dont need to really.......

...I feel like a drowing person pulled to the surface ,who takes that first breath of air......stunned ...afraid ...hopeful ...and alive....

what a wonderful feeling....

I have began writing again....basically fan fiction stuff/slash based on BBM.....which is good fun....

I am happy to be here... I am glad you liked the quotes...

hugs
Kea
-Unknown

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 01:27:00 am »
Hi

I just joined tonight after a fellow Brokebacker pointed me in this direction... happy to meet more lovers of BBM...I am still in the crying , walking on air...falling ...you get the picture.....I only got to see the movie about 2 weeks ago...its changed me for good....yup ol Brokeback got me good...

just wanted to say Hello :)

Kea

Welcome to the Brokeback Broads!  After about a month my obsession took another form~ self analysis.  Believe it or not I haven't seen the moive in a few weeks but am taking off DVD release day to view it AT HOME ALONE.  (I'm functional but not yet cured of BBM fever~seriously doubt I ever will be.)
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Kea

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 02:44:41 pm »
I think I have been doing my fair share of that too...

its coming out in stuff I am writing as well....I guess its healty ..

my greatest fear now is there will come a day when it does not move my insides anymore...

I need to take my vitamin BBM daily as it keeps me on track..

hugs
Kea
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 09:02:56 pm by Kea »
-Unknown

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 05:08:37 pm »

my greatest fear now is there will come a day when it foes not move my insides anymore...

hugs
Kea

Doubt that will occur.  I am amazed at how this movie STILL gets to me.  Owning the DVD is great.  I've only seen the movie once in its entirety (on DVD) but have viewed many scenes repeatedly.
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 10:55:20 pm »
I just wanted to post here - to say, 'I'm still feeling it.'  How is everyone else doing?  I like having Jack and Ennis at home with me, being able to see things in the movie that I couldn't resolve at the theatre (poor lighting, sound, other people distractions, whatever...)  I sincerely hope this never quits me.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 03:35:23 am »
Hi Everyone.....I think that I've taken FIVE GIANT steps back to where I was....when Brokeback invaded my heart and soul.  All the grief and agony have taken ahold again....and they're wrenching my heart in two.  The GOOD part is that I AM handling it...a day at a time....slowly...quietly.  I'm at the other end of the spectrum...as far as my DVD is concerned.  I just cannot watch it right now.  It takes me right back to my first viewing...when I was stunned and SO overwhelmed with sadness.  So...I listen to the CD...endlessly....and try to take care of MYSELF right now.  I'm spending a LOT of time with my PUPS...who are my dearest companions.  The love in their eyes is so clear and true. 

I have a dear friend who is coming up to spend a few weeks with me.  Her sister is the gal who passed away a few days ago.  We'll sit in our jammies....cry together...laugh together...and heal together.  She's a 'silent brokaholic' but she's not online.  Soo...I'll bring her in here to read and share some of the beautiful thoughts that you've all given to me. Hopefully I'll step out of these doldrums that envelope me right now.  I think the mourning part is the easy part....the 'getting over it' part...is MUCH more difficult. 

My love to you ALL...my dear friends.....Nancy 
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 12:46:50 am »
Still weeping along with Jack and Ennis, (but not so much) and loving them so. And being able to hear and see them anytime right in my own living room. Iris
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 01:28:59 am »
...And being able to hear and see them anytime right in my own living room. Iris

I play the soundtrack mornings getting ready for work, have the DVD on in the background when working or being on the forum, and go to sleep with the soundtrack...I've not had an attention span for any of the usual fiction I read; other music is annoying me, so I'm trying some non-fiction (Jimmy Carter at the moment) - my ability to concentrate seems to be better there.

My next priority really needs to be configuring my workstation for the BBM radio...I have a few technical problems to solve and I need to put them at the top of the list.

Nancy - I hope you enjoy getting together with your friend...let us know how it goes.

Much love to you all.
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."