Author Topic: Gay subjects in movies??  (Read 20279 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Gay subjects in movies??
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2008, 08:47:18 pm »
According to this site, Alan Ladd was straight.

He was married twice and had three children with his second wife. He died of an overdose of drugs (1964).

http://www.nndb.com/people/517/000031424/

That's an interesting site.  I like the Executive Summary for each person.  Alan Ladd's is:  Shane
(Shane was a father figure for that kid in the movie wasn't he? And doesn't he leave?   Maybe that's why they picked him for the locker photo.)

I checked Sal Mineo and his Summary was:  Dies in Rebel Without A Cause

And then I checked Divine and s/he's stuck with:  Poodle poop-eating drag queen.(!)

Heath is Brokeback Mountain of course.  It will be interesting to see if The Joker ever becomes his defining role.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 10:04:53 pm »
That's an interesting site.  I like the Executive Summary for each person.  Alan Ladd's is:  Shane
(Shane was a father figure for that kid in the movie wasn't he? And doesn't he leave?   Maybe that's why they picked him for the locker photo.)

I checked Sal Mineo and his Summary was:  Dies in Rebel Without A Cause

And then I checked Divine and s/he's stuck with:  Poodle poop-eating drag queen.(!)

Heath is Brokeback Mountain of course.  It will be interesting to see if The Joker ever becomes his defining role.

It's a very interesting site. Look up Eddie Murphy and Tom Cruise for fun.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 10:48:24 am »
Thanks MaineWriter!!

I am surprised to read that maybe Alan Ladd was a heterosexual... what a surprise!!

I thought I had read that he was gay!! I possibly now think that he was bisexual, at least!!

More research need to be done?

Hugs!!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 11:06:58 am »
Thanks MaineWriter!!

I am surprised to read that maybe Alan Ladd was a heterosexual... what a surprise!!

I thought I had read that he was gay!! I possibly now think that he was bisexual, at least!!

More research need to be done?

Hugs!!

I haven't heard anything about Alan Ladd being bi but do let us know if you find something.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 11:14:56 am »
Thanks oilgun!

Something tells me that Alan Ladd was gay or bi-!!

But I can not remember if I had read that in a book.

Or if someone who acted with him or worked there... or was it a journalist who wrote about Hollywood I knew when I lived in Los Angeles!!

He sure was handsome!! More information needed!!

Do you wonder like I do, why the photo of Alan Ladd was in that locker Sal had in that wonderful classic movie Rebel without a Cause??

Hugs!!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 12:48:54 pm »
Thanks oilgun!

Something tells me that Alan Ladd was gay or bi-!!

But I can not remember if I had read that in a book.

Or if someone who acted with him or worked there... or was it a journalist who wrote about Hollywood I knew when I lived in Los Angeles!!

He sure was handsome!! More information needed!!

Do you wonder like I do, why the photo of Alan Ladd was in that locker Sal had in that wonderful classic movie Rebel without a Cause??

Hugs!!

I mentioned a possible reason in my earlier post.  Since Alan Ladd was best known for the character Shane in the movie of the same name (which had been released just two years before so he was probably at the height of his popularity) and in that film, Shane becomes a father figure to a fatherless boy but then ends up leaving the boy at the end. ("Shane!  Come Back!") Sal's Plato could probably relate to that.  Plus one of the themes of  RWAC, as mentioned in the article I posted, can be seen as a search for the Father, so maybe Alan Ladd was a father figure in addition to being an object of desire.  He also saw James Dean's Jimmy Stark as a father figure and was also attracted to him sexually, which is not unusual. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 03:35:05 pm by oilgun »

Offline Artiste

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 03:57:58 pm »
I love that clip, Gary!! Thanks!!

I did too think that Top Gun was gay in some or many ways!! They sure are handsome dudes then!!

I always felt that Cruise was gay... or could be!! Then!! At least, Cruise is more wealthy because of gays viewing that film!!

Did you think that Cruise is then gay in Top Gun?

Hugs!!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 09:49:04 pm »
That's a hysterical clip.

Yeah, I guess the volleyball should have given it away.  Most straight guys I know prefer tackle.  Hitting someone.  ;D

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 12:17:36 am »
Anyone found yet about that pic in that famous locker??

Hugs!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2008, 10:11:41 am »
Anyone found yet about that pic in that famous locker??

Hugs!

I think you are going to have to watch the movie, Artiste, and make a screen cap of the scene.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!