Author Topic: OT: It's a BUST guys: DA VINCI  (Read 52201 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: OT: It's a BUST guys: DA VINCI
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2006, 07:39:59 pm »
They're $9.00 for evening showtimes here in South Florida, too, and $7.75 for matinees.  Pretty much the going rate everywhere down here.
No more beans!

rtprod

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2006, 12:15:53 am »
$9?  Where ever you're goin your gettin ripped...

Actually it's 10.00 here.....

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2006, 01:27:50 am »

Wow...thats amazing...

$6.50 for evening shows here and $5 for matinee...

vkm91941

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2006, 01:34:13 am »
All it indicates is a sign that there is a built-in audience. 

E*X*A*C*T*L*Y all those people who loved the novel (and believe me they are legion) and act as though it is fact instead of fiction will flock to see it in the next week.  Opening BO is going to be huge just because of this...I predict matinees next week will be strong as well

$9?  Where ever you're goin your gettin ripped...
Here in Canada the only theatre that offers tickets for less than $12.50 for new showings - are the matinees - and they're only available on weekends - at least here in Toronto. The canadian dollar is only worth 10% less than the american $ now
They're $9.00 for evening showtimes here in South Florida, too, and $7.75 for matinees.  Pretty much the going rate everywhere down here.

Well here in sunny and warm  ;) San Diego County...It's $9 in the evening and $7 for matinees unless you're a card carrying student a senior or a member of the armed forces in uniform then it's $5.75 for both

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2006, 04:50:52 am »

Okay, I have decided that we are getting thoroughly ripped off here in Oz. The cheapest you'll get a movie for at my local theatre is $8.00 (seniors card holder). The cheapest I'LL ever get a movie at my local theatre is $10.00 and that's only if I go between 10am - 4pm Mon - Fri (which I can't do cause I work) and the price I pay to a see a movie ordinarily??? $13.50.

Humph, if you venture into the city to catch one, is $15.00.

:o
Chut up!

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2006, 08:16:15 am »
Just read an article in my favourite (French) newspaper, a satirical paper. I haven't read the DV code, haven't seen the film, and don't intend to do neither. But I think I am after all grateful for their existence and huge success, if only because the Vatican and its clowns are sh*tting themselves.
Apparently, they are asking all 'good Christians' not to sit and turn the other cheek, but to retaliate. (Isn't it funny how the Catholic church, like any other, will forget what they preach, when their power seems to be threatened? Just like when they burnt down cinemas in France and Germany, maybe elsewhere too, when Scorsese's "Last Temptation of Christ" was shown).
They are alarmed to hear that polls in the US and France show that christians are beginning to doubt the Catholic faith because of that story. So now, in the name of faith, the RCC is asking Christians NOT to believe that story!
Well, at least they get a taste of what atheists feel when they say the Bible and the Gospels are just nice works of fiction that do not need to be believed!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2006, 11:20:26 am »
Hmmm--reading this is giving me an odd IMDb BbM deja vu...

O0

Heathen

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2006, 12:14:29 pm »
Hmmm--reading this is giving me an odd IMDb BbM deja vu...

O0

Why is that Ruby?

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2006, 02:01:49 pm »
$77 million weekend....the biggest opening so far this year and the 13th highest ever!

It also made $147 million overseas....

Doing pretty good despite the critical like or dislike....but as you said...next weekend will be the real judge...there is absolutely no way that it will come in #1 with X-3 opening but it will easily squeeze in #2....so we'll see...

rtprod

« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2006, 02:28:46 pm »
$77 million weekend....the biggest opening so far this year and the 13th highest ever!

It also made $147 million overseas....

Doing pretty good despite the critical like or dislike....but as you said...next weekend will be the real judge...there is absolutely no way that it will come in #1 with X-3 opening but it will easily squeeze in #2....so we'll see...

Doesn't surprise me a bit.  Bet there's a lot of butt shifting happening in those seats and queries of "how long is this anyway?" by the midpoint.  Guess this is one film where you can understandably turn the other cheek and ignore the audience snoring and heavy sighs. 

True, the trailer for X is stunning but let's not forget the huge YUCK factor, and we all know what that is:  Brett. Ratner.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 02:32:35 pm by rtprod »