Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142233 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #1050 on: August 28, 2009, 10:05:39 pm »
Thanks from me too.  :)
I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful photo of him before,he appears almost ethereal. It is so Heath and yet so not Heath, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #1051 on: December 07, 2009, 06:18:32 am »
I hadn´d seen this one before - Heath is being inteviewed on the red carpet during 2006 AFI award. This was released after his death and it turned up on youtube the day before yesterday

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1052 on: December 07, 2009, 06:46:52 am »
Thanks Monika. I don't know what to say really....it makes a hole in my heart to see it and at the same time I'm happy.....weird.... ???
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1053 on: December 07, 2009, 10:06:53 am »
Thanks Monika. I don't know what to say really....it makes a hole in my heart to see it and at the same time I'm happy.....weird.... ???

I will echo those sentiments.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #1054 on: December 07, 2009, 10:25:00 am »
Thank you Buffymon!
BbM, I swear

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1055 on: December 07, 2009, 04:19:26 pm »
I hadn´d seen this one before - Heath is being inteviewed on the red carpet during 2006 AFI award. This was released after his death and it turned up on youtube the day before yesterday

I hadn't seen this either. From the comments here and on youtube, I guess it's really new. Well, as 'new' as can be :(.
Thank you for sharing :-*.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm feeling the same.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1056 on: December 07, 2009, 04:20:30 pm »
Trying to embed the video here:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crVknT8XMyM[/youtube]

Looks like it works.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1057 on: December 07, 2009, 05:42:36 pm »
Fantastic to watch the video of a young, somewhat uncomfortable Heath on the red carpet.

But why did he have to chew gum.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1058 on: December 28, 2009, 12:12:49 am »
OK, I'm just tossing this in here because I have no idea where would really be appropriate. Today I read a newspaper review of the late Dominick Dunne's final novel, Too Much Money. Heath's death gets a passing mention in the novel--that is, if you know it's Heath, and I'm sure it is.

If I remember correctly from the review, one character in the novel has to plan a funeral, and the character asks if a particular embalmer from a certain funeral director's establishment in New York City "worked on that Batman actor who died of an overdose of prescription drugs."

It can't mean anybody else but. ...

(The answer is no, it was the embalmer's day off, and he was upset at having missed the opportunity to work on the actor.)

FWIW. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #1059 on: January 22, 2010, 11:55:10 pm »
perhaps this has been posted before It´s an aRticle about Heath´s last days with The Masses. It gives a very good insight into the man, not the movie star, Heath Ledger

http://www.laweekly.com/2008-07-10/film-tv/port-in-the-storm/1

And as a Brokeback reference, I found this bit amusing

"Heath just kind of came in one day and said, ‘Let’s get an RV and go to Mexico,’” recounts Cline. “I said, ‘Heath, we have a company to run, and those are working days.’ And he said, ‘But it’s our company, and we can do whatever we want.’”

Over the next week, the dozen camped on the beach, surfed during the day and cooked and talked through the night. Recalls Cline: “It was free. We had only ever existed in L.A. together, and there was always a sort of nervous energy to Heath in the city. Every time he’d walk down the street, he’d get recognized, and he felt maybe a little restricted by that. [Mexico] was a place where nobody knew where the fuck he was, and it was very liberating for him. And I think it was liberating for all of us.”

sounds just like what Ennis would have needed too.
Can´t you just imagine Jack and Ennis cruising around Mexico together in a RV?