Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142317 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2008, 05:53:34 pm »

It's nobody's business but Heath's  :'(  and Michelle's.  :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2008, 05:54:21 pm »
Good policy. But if you go to the sites on the internet, don't they record the visits and use the numbers to boost their advertising revenue? That's what I was wondering earlier, anyway.

Hmm.  :(  Dang.  

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2008, 06:02:54 pm »
Sure. They're dependent on the number of hits each story gets, and that is something they follow very closely. It often gets to be a news item in itself, - how many hits one particular juicy online story gets and the increase when major stories break, etc.

One thing this tragedy has made clear to me, is how massive the tabloid/celebrity gossip industry really is. I admit I've followed links to a number of sites I'd never heard of before (and won't revisit, to be sure) and I've seen the front pages of a number of magazines I didn't know about... and it's all bla bla Britney Brangelina Suri Heath bla bla. No wonder there are so many paps. I can't imagine how the stars manage to live with this without going completely bonkers. No wonder Jake Gyllenhaal is keeping out of sight (mostly).

It's obviously a tough game of survival of the sleaziest gossip sites out there.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2008, 06:06:27 pm »
It's nobody's business but Heath's  :'(  and Michelle's.  :'(

YES!

I've been surprised for some time to see that Brokeback fandom seems to have accepted as fact that "she threw him out / she broke it off" or something similar. When neither of them have ever commented on that far as I know, and we don't know what happened at all. Nobody's business but theirs.

Hers, now.  :'(

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2008, 06:41:59 pm »
Dan Abrams is REALLY ripping into ET and Insider about even considering running the video... and apparently they've just decided NOT to air it.

Oh, and I missed his name because I was typing the above when they showed it, but an Australian guy (Ben someone) is on saying he knows that Heath hadn't had a drink in a year, and he would freak out if he was in a room that had drugs anywhere in it... he says he was totally clean.

OK, well as luck would have it, I was just on my way home on the bus, and the guy in front of me was reading the NY Daily News... I glanced at it and happened to notice--you guessed it--a picture of the Australian guy I saw and quoted last night (above), who apparently has a column in that paper. His name is Ben Widdicombe. And don't laugh at me if he's totally famous, 'cause I honestly don't know my a** from my elbow when it comes to gossip columns, mags, shows etc. 
:P

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2008, 06:54:37 pm »
OK, well as luck would have it, I was just on my way home on the bus, and the guy in front of me was reading the NY Daily News... I glanced at it and happened to notice--you guessed it--a picture of the Australian guy I saw and quoted last night (above), who apparently has a column in that paper. His name is Ben Widdicombe. And don't laugh at me if he's totally famous, 'cause I honestly don't know my a** from my elbow when it comes to gossip columns, mags, shows etc. 
:P

verona - I'm sorry of this is not necessarily the right or perfect place to post this, but can I just say I'm loving your posts - welcome.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2008, 06:55:10 pm »
My coworker told me earlier today of the upcoming story scheduled to appear in People (a reputable if admittedly starstruck and gossipy publication) relating the allegations of Heath's illicit drug use, and that Michelle left him finally because she did not want their child to be exposed to any of that. The allegations arise from apparent friends of Michelle, who emphasized that the actress left Heath as a form of "tough love", hoping that her absence might inspire him to seek help.

I bring this all up not to condone the continuing, sensationalizing inquiries into Heath's alleged substance abuse, but to suggest that even if illicit drugs did not contribute directly to Heath's death, they still might have compromised his health sufficiently up to that point in time to have rendered death more likely. For this reason, I think the subject is pertinent, however distasteful or disrespectful we may find it to be.
I think if there was any drug-related damage to or weakening of his organs and whatnot, the autopsy would have picked that up. They also would have picked up track marks if he was using heroin, or damage to his nose that would have been caused by more than occasional use of cocaine or any other "snorted" drugs. From what we're given to understand, nothing like that was found in the autopsy. If he was a drug addict--as opposed to a recreational user--I'd venture to say that would have been reported as a possible cause of death.

My guess? He was ill. He was rundown. He was exhausted. He couldn't sleep, so he took something. Then he took another one, which slowed everything down.  Then his lungs, already compromised by his illness and his smoking, just stopped breathing. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

:-\

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2008, 06:56:05 pm »
verona - I'm sorry of this is not necessarily the right or perfect place to post this, but can I just say I'm loving your posts - welcome.
:-* :-* :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2008, 07:07:50 pm »
My coworker told me earlier today of the upcoming story scheduled to appear in People (a reputable if admittedly starstruck and gossipy publication) relating the allegations of Heath's illicit drug use, and that Michelle left him finally because she did not want their child to be exposed to any of that. The allegations arise from apparent friends of Michelle, who emphasized that the actress left Heath as a form of "tough love", hoping that her absence might inspire him to seek help.

I bring this all up not to condone the continuing, sensationalizing inquiries into Heath's alleged substance abuse, but to suggest that even if illicit drugs did not contribute directly to Heath's death, they still might have compromised his health sufficiently up to that point in time to have rendered death more likely. For this reason, I think the subject is pertinent, however distasteful or disrespectful we may find it to be.

I actually bought this (the newest) issue of People because of all the gossip magazines, this is the one I can bear to read if there is a story I am interested in.

The story is pretty much as Scott summarized it. Heath was described as being very happy in his life with Michelle and Matilda in Brooklyn. But she absolutely put her foot down about him doing or using drugs now that there was a baby in the house. The article also said, which I have thought in my own mind, that they didn't fall out of love.

I was also able to get the Entertainment Weekly with Heath on the cover.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #299 on: January 31, 2008, 07:13:04 pm »

My guess? He was ill. He was rundown. He was exhausted. He couldn't sleep, so he took something. Then he took another one, which slowed everything down.  Then his lungs, already compromised by his illness and his smoking, just stopped breathing. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

:-\

*nods head*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/