Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142228 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2008, 03:45:28 am »
Tabloid people never call each other out like that.

WOW.  What an interesting read.  Thanks Bruce!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2008, 06:12:20 am »
Wow. Just wow.

Coming back online today to find pages upon interesting pages here, and basically - that video boils down to Heath being at some wild party Michelle would not be pleased about, he's drinking beer, - BEER !! - saying he used to smoke joints but won't do so any more for the sake of Matilda, - and some other folks are snorting cokaine in the background?!?

My, oh my. That's.... just testament to him possessing human frailty, but caring deeply about his nearest and dearest, and making an effort to do right by them even while under huge stress....

WTF. I bet there isn't a soul with a toe nail inside the Entertainment industry who hasn't been there, done that and much more that that.

Of course, I'm with the rest of you in being totally delighted at the stars protecting their own. Yay!

And this is the first day of sweeps?  >:( Well, now I know how low it's possible to sink. My God, it's despicable.

I saw somewhere that the video was out on the net on some gossip site. It gave me a thrill to give it a miss, thinking to myself, "that's one click you're not going to get, bastards."

It's been refreshing too, to see the ordinary user comments to the stories about the vid in a couple of gossip sites. There's a near unanimous uproar reaction of "Quit this, leave him alone, let him rest in peace, this is totally tasteless, etc. etc."

mvansand76

« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2008, 06:29:22 am »
Well eventually his friends and loved ones will regather their strength, and there will be blood.

Oh yes there will.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2008, 06:31:22 am »
I did watch the so-called "Heath drug video."  And what I saw was a man (Heath, I mean) trying to be courteous and find common conversational ground with some dull, shallow people he had never met before: two men snorting coke, and a woman who was trying to strut her stuff in front of Heath, whose eyes didn't even turn her way.  While someone else skulked outside and took a video of it through the window.  It is a big nothing.

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2008, 06:35:57 am »
Coming back online today to find pages upon interesting pages here, and basically - that video boils down to Heath being at some wild party Michelle would not be pleased about, he's drinking beer, - BEER !! - saying he used to smoke joints but won't do so any more for the sake of Matilda, - and some other folks are snorting cokaine in the background?!?

I haven't seen the video, but if it shows Heath simply drinking beer and talking about how he won't smoke joints anymore because of his daughter, then I am actually pleased it has come out.  To me, it goes against what every tabloid journo is talking about!  I did not believe that he was into drugs and this video simply proves that-had he been into drugs, I would have thought he would have been getting into them at the party.  

mvansand76

« Reply #325 on: February 01, 2008, 06:39:07 am »

There's no way to describe how I feel when I talk to somebody about Heath's death and they say "Oh well, he was addicted to drugs, wasn't he?" I want to kick and scream, I want to yell at those goddamn assholes in the media for mocking Heath by deliberately and maliciously making him look like a drug addict. I want to yell at all those stupid people for believing it.

Angry, frustrated and so sad.

While I was reading this thread, a song by Madonna came on my iPod (it's on shuffle, so I never know what's coming up next). Somehow this song reminded me of what Heath went through...

How High - Madonna

How high are the stakes
How much fortune can you make
[repeat]

It's funny
I spent my whole life wanting to be talked about
I did it
Just about everything
To see my name in lights

Was it all worth it
And how did I earn it
Nobody's perfect
I guess I deserve it

[Chorus]
How high are the stakes
Does this get any better
Should I carry on
Will it matter when I'm gone
Will any of this matter

It's funny
How everybody mentions my name
But they're never really nice

I took it
Just about everything
Except my own advice

Was it all worth it
And how did I earn it
Nobody's perfect
I guess I deserve it

[Chorus]

(nothing lasts forever)
(doesn't make a difference)

How high
Doesn't make a difference
Nothing lasts forever
Should I
Will any of this matter

How high are the stakes
Should I carry on

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #326 on: February 01, 2008, 06:45:53 am »
Yes, I saw the video too....It's absolutely a big nothing.....I don't think it was of courtesy t the Ledger family they -ET - cancelled the viewing, they probably understood that they would look like big fools if they showed it......
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

mvansand76

« Reply #327 on: February 01, 2008, 06:55:26 am »

At first I felt 'cut off' because of the lack of media interest in Heath over here in Belgium, but now, I'm glad I don't have to stand at the supermarket check out and try to not look at those magazines...

I agree, I'm so glad the media in Holland is hardly paying attention to this.

mvansand76

« Reply #328 on: February 01, 2008, 07:07:23 am »
a bright spot of decency:  Hollywood stars band together and protest airing of Marmont video of Heath:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gWS1v8unm3cGzlP4wfX3kOe0YPNwD8UH4V4G0

An interesting detail is that someone who viewed the video all the way through mentioned something NOT brought up in the teasers:

But a person who has seen the entire video, who asked not to be identified because of its sensitive nature, said Ledger then points to his tattoo of "M" (for his daughter, Matilda Rose) and says, "this is to remind me never to smoke weed again."

OK, so if he was really into hard drugs then wouldn't he have said drugs instead of weed? As a woman from the Netherlands where weed is legal, I don't see what the fuss is about when we're talking about weed. At least, as long as it's now and then and not used every day.

And, Heath doesn't have a tattoo of "M", it's Matilda written on his chest, isn't it? I doubt he would have shown that to somebody, you know, lifting his shirt and pointing to it.

Weird crap. I hate all this. Can't wait for those damn toxicology reports.

mvansand76

« Reply #329 on: February 01, 2008, 07:28:02 am »
Obviously the whole video was put up on some site, I haven't watched it but from those who had watched it, Heath didn't take drugs in it at all.  ET and Insider knew it, it's a shame that they stooped so low as to advertise it as Heath's drug video. 

I will never in my life watch that video.